How to start Keto and Succeed

Options
Hi, I am 41 single mom struggling to lose weight. I’ve decided to try Keto. Anyone have any suggestions to give me a good start with the diet

Replies

• Ms_GiveAHoot
    Ms_GiveAHoot Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! I have found southern keto recipe book has delicious options. Every recipe i have tried has been awesome! Once you get really going on Keto, you might notice that you will have less of an appetite. Don’t force yourself to eat if you are not hungry. I did this at first because i thought i was use to eating every meal. Now i skip breakfast with no issues. Craziness for me!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

You need to do a lot of research before starting keto. There are very specific restrictions and macros, not to mention the keto flu. Seek out other keto threads or the low carbers group.

Buy a food scale. Weigh everything you eat and log into the food diary.

Good luck with your journey!
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Options
    Don’t! Just learn to stop overeating by listening to your bodies hunger and fullness signals.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    If trying Keto I recommend the groups The Low Carber Daily Forum and The Keto group.

Don't waste money on expensive "keto" marketed products, none are needed.

Electrolytes are very important starting Keto.

We take a 250 mg magnesium supplement, cook with white sea salt, and very lightly sprinkle potassium salt substitute on our prepared food.

Good luck.