Dropped 33 pounds in 5 months

Options
I have tried many different ways to lose weight. I have finally solved the puzzle for my body. I have learned that I am genetically fat and that I do have a slow metabolism. Yes those are real things. It only means I must work harder than most people and be very maticulious with tracking. My body will always fight back and try to find ways to put the weight back on. I have also learned that complex carbs are not for me. Even on a low cal diet my body does nothing but store them as fat. I was on a Keto diet but that stalled so I went to both low fat and low carb and my weight loss started again. I eat less then 2000 cals per day. I bike around 50 miles a week and weightlifting at least 5 days a week. Even with all this I’m lucky to drop a pound a week. Anyone who knows their body is stubborn as hell when it comes weight loss hit me up. I have really learned a lot in the last year

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Have you been checked out by a doctor to make sure there is nothing medically going on? Also: A pound a week of weight loss is fantastic and sustainable.
  • kane6676
    kane6676 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    Have you been checked out by a doctor to make sure there is nothing medically going on? Also: A pound a week of weight loss is fantastic and sustainable.
    JustSomeEm wrote: »

Yes sir, I have a complete physical each year. I have had every test run imaginable.
  • QueenofCaffeine4Life
    Options
    @kane6676 We must be related!! lol. I too am in the same boat. I was doing keto but it wasn't working for me. My weight wouldn't come down. I did lose a few inches but not enough to be a sustained way of life. I went to Medi Weightloss and learned that I needed to cut my calories drastically. The program also taught me I needed to build my food around protein. I started with Medi but now I just simply track my calories and keep my carbs down too. I still try to keep my proteins up. I have lost 37lbs since May. I too am a turtle but at least a cute one. :) haha Totally feel ya though. I understand exactly what you are going through. I keep my calories at 1350 and I exercise at least 4 times a week. I am 5'7 and now weigh 238.5. Its a struggle but worth it to keep on keeping on.
  • kane6676
    kane6676 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @kane6676 We must be related!! lol. I too am in the same boat. I was doing keto but it wasn't working for me. My weight wouldn't come down. I did lose a few inches but not enough to be a sustained way of life. I went to Medi Weightloss and learned that I needed to cut my calories drastically. The program also taught me I needed to build my food around protein. I started with Medi but now I just simply track my calories and keep my carbs down too. I still try to keep my proteins up. I have lost 37lbs since May. I too am a turtle but at least a cute one. :) haha Totally feel ya though. I understand exactly what you are going through. I keep my calories at 1350 and I exercise at least 4 times a week. I am 5'7 and now weigh 238.5. Its a struggle but worth it to keep on keeping on.
    Ya I think the big problem with Keto is that it can get high calorie really fast. Fat is loaded with calories and while you get the initial weight loss from the switch to ketones, you have to really really track every bite or you will be eating keto in maintennce calories. I also forgot to mention that I do a 20 hour fast once a week and the day after is always when my weight drops.