workout plan telling me to eat 1,500- i feel like it’s too much

Options
i’m doing the insanity max 30 and i’ve read online you’re supposed to eat 1,500 calories while doing it and i tried it for a few days but i felt like i was eating too much.

i’m not at the fitness level yet to do the full workout with the normal moves (i do a mix of the normal moves and the moderated versions)

what do you think? in the past few weeks i’ve been losing a pound a week with no fluctuations which is odd on a 1,300 - 1,350isg calorie diet while exercising three times a week so i don’t see how by eating 1,500 will also keep me losing the weight a pound a week too

what’s your opinions? sorry if this is confusing

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Have you put in your stats to this app?
    What height/weight are you? without knowing more its hard to answer your question.
    Insanity is a pretty high burn workout, so its not out of the question for you to burn 150+ calories even with modified moves. So 1500 wouldn't sound out of the way going by what you're currently losing, your loss should stay the same.
  • trulyhealy
    trulyhealy Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Have you put in your stats to this app?
    What height/weight are you? without knowing more its hard to answer your question.
    Insanity is a pretty high burn workout, so its not out of the question for you to burn 150+ calories even with modified moves. So 1500 wouldn't sound out of the way going by what you're currently losing, your loss should stay the same.

i did those calculator things that tells you how many calories i should be eating. my mainintence is 1,800 and then 500 calorie a day deficit is a pound a week which is 1,300 calories a day but i eat some back of my exercise calories if i want to cut i try to not force it
  • trulyhealy
    trulyhealy Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    my stats are

5 foot 5
    female
    160 pounds
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Everything we read on MFP states losing 1 pound per week is at a healthy rate to lose weight. In my opinion, I don't see a reason to change what is working for you.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    Everything we read on MFP states losing 1 pound per week is at a healthy rate to lose weight. In my opinion, I don't see a reason to change what is working for you.

OP, with only 30 lbs to lose it's not generally recommended to try and lose any more aggressively than 1 lb/week as well.
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    MFP recommends the following:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lb/week is ideal
    If you have 15-25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lb/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lb/week is ideal

So, input in your stats, based on the above to determine your daily calories.
    Then, as @NovusDies stated, add your additional exercise calories, "Start by eating back 50 percent and then in a few weeks determine if you are losing behind, on, or ahead of schedule. If need be adjust what you are doing then to match the weekly weight loss goal. If you are losing too fast the obvious place to start would be to eat more of your exercise calories."
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    My question is: ARE YOU MEASURING YOUR PORTIONS? Ideally with a food scale.

That's a typical and common newbie mistake: eating more calories than you think you are because of measuring error. So while you think you are eating X amount, it's actually Y. And that can be wildly different!

Also, the more accurately you can log in your exercise the better. Say I'm in a 60 minute Zumba class, and I had to take several breaks. I might have only really been working out 40 minutes of the class. If I put in in MFP that I did 60 minutes... that isn't accurate! Having a FitBit or other monitor helps a lot on being really accurate. But you can go "old school" by using a stopwatch and be honest about it.