• pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    In a likely futile & desperate attempt to rescue this lame thread.... Here:

yu7l9tmxj5sy.gif

funny-huskies-fb57-png__700.jpg

giphy.gif

Lame thread?!!! I'll have you know the pope personally called me and said he doesn't approve of me inferring "disgusting things" when it comes to almonds and milk. So there. Well maybe it wasn't exactly the pope. And maybe nobody actually really called me. But its the same difference.

.... would you settle for 'Quasi-Lame' Thread ??

Absolutely not. In what other thread on mfp can you so Openly talk about people’s liking or not liking of nut juice? And stuff. Geez.
  • pizzamyheart
    1sphere wrote: »
    1sphere wrote: »
    It looks like milk, and has similar fat content, and “nut juice” makes it sound gross

You take that back! @pizzamyheart nailed it...on the head...
    Nut juice
    f4yvjtc2tz2q.gif

you know that "nuts" has another connotation associate with it right? :D

I'll leave now.

Only pervs would think that and I beg your pardon but there are none of those people on mfp.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    In a likely futile & desperate attempt to rescue this lame thread.... Here:

yu7l9tmxj5sy.gif

funny-huskies-fb57-png__700.jpg

giphy.gif

Lame thread?!!! I'll have you know the pope personally called me and said he doesn't approve of me inferring "disgusting things" when it comes to almonds and milk. So there. Well maybe it wasn't exactly the pope. And maybe nobody actually really called me. But its the same difference.

.... would you settle for 'Quasi-Lame' Thread ??

Absolutely not. In what other thread on mfp can you so Openly talk about people’s liking or not liking of nut juice? And stuff. Geez.

Nut Juice?

Nut Juice ???

Really ?

okay..... now that you put it all in perspective, count me in.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Although it does seem pretty silly to quibble about this, I don’t find it completely silly, because I’ve heard (and read, even on this thread) many people who seem to think they are nutritionally equivalent, or even that nut milks are nutritionally a better choice than dairy milk. One may taste similar to the other or function similarly in coffee, but they are not remotely the same in the way your body uses them. Dairy milk contains protein and a variety of nutrients, depending on whether or not it’s full fat. Almond milk is basically nothing, a couple of almonds and a lot of water. Dairy milk is a good choice for a recovery drink. Almond milk is not. Dairy milk is a good snack for a growing child who happens to be hungry. Almond milk is not.

If you’re eating 1200 calories and need to trick your brain into thinking you just had milk, almond milk is a great idea. If, on the other hand, you’re a vegan trying to get the same nutrition as milk without consuming dairy, almond milk is a terrible idea.

It’s hard to deny that calling it “milk” is misleading when you can point to actual people who are being misled.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Although it does seem pretty silly to quibble about this, I don’t find it completely silly, because I’ve heard (and read, even on this thread) many people who seem to think they are nutritionally equivalent, or even that nut milks are nutritionally a better choice than dairy milk. One may taste similar to the other or function similarly in coffee, but they are not remotely the same in the way your body uses them. Dairy milk contains protein and a variety of nutrients, depending on whether or not it’s full fat. Almond milk is basically nothing, a couple of almonds and a lot of water. Dairy milk is a good choice for a recovery drink. Almond milk is not. Dairy milk is a good snack for a growing child who happens to be hungry. Almond milk is not.

If you’re eating 1200 calories and need to trick your brain into thinking you just had milk, almond milk is a great idea. If, on the other hand, you’re a vegan trying to get the same nutrition as milk without consuming dairy, almond milk is a terrible idea.

It’s hard to deny that calling it “milk” is misleading when you can point to actual people who are being misled.

2btt5kd2lghm.png

Depends on what you are looking for. I would never give cow juice (milk) to a child. The protein in cow’s milk is a common allergen for babies, children, and adults.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited September 2019
    I can't stand the consistency of nut milk, any kind. I've legit had to spit it out before.

giphy.gif
  • pizzamyheart
    cee134 wrote: »

2btt5kd2lghm.png

Depends on what you are looking for. I would never give cow juice (milk) to a child. The protein in cow’s milk is a common allergen for babies, children, and adults.

Only if they are allergic to it. After breastmilk or formula they get whole milk once they are old enough.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member

2btt5kd2lghm.png

Only if they are allergic to it. After breastmilk or formula they get whole milk once they are old enough.

Soy and almond milk is better for the environment though.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    ALMOND
    MILK
    DECAPITATIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    <crowd goes wild as wicked guitar solo starts>
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Almond water. Please.

Nut juice? Just no.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Well I think to most accurate label is nut sweat.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    I drink soy diarrhea

Well, I wouldn't say that I, myself, drink soy diarrhea, but when I consume soy milk I will say that diarrhea might just happen. Soy milk is just unfermented bean farts.
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I drink soy diarrhea

😂😂

Also WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
    i choose Lee McRoy

:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    dodea48 wrote: »
    km8907 wrote: »
    I can't stand the consistency of nut milk, any kind. I've legit had to spit it out before.

is that a euphemism

Get your mind out of the gutter.
  • pizzamyheart

2btt5kd2lghm.png

True because almonds are carcinogenic so if you consumers much of their nut juice you will expire early from a horrible cancer death.
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member

2btt5kd2lghm.png

True because almonds are carcinogenic so if you consumers much of their nut juice you will expire early from a horrible cancer death.

:D
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Didn't the FDA pass something a few months back that after the end of the year, Non-milk products could no longer use Milk in their names?