WW is failing me

Options
KnitsWhoSayNee
KnitsWhoSayNee Posts: 8 Member
edited September 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all! Im Alex. I follow WW but it’s stopped working for me since I’ve started working out. If I don’t workout I lose weight with it. But I want to work out. I want to be strong.

New to all this and trying not to lose hope. Any friends would be appreciated! I don’t know what I’m doing with macros, but I tracked with WW for 2.5 years I’m sure I can figure out MFP.

Replies

• wshill7
    wshill7 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Alex! I’m Wendy. My nutritionist introduced me to this app to watch out my calories to help me lose weight. It’s working!!! I finally am able to wear my favorite clothes and lingerie!! 😆 and I’m still learning how to manage. Exercises are important as well to take care of ourselves and our organs and hearts. It’ll also strengthen our bones as we age. Keep up the good work!!! 👍💪
  • kristenmary70
    kristenmary70 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @KnitsWhoSayNee if you are eating all of the calories you burn, you will not lose. You need a calorie deficit of 500 per day to lose 1lb. per week. You can eat 500 less, burn 500 more, or a combination of the two. With MFP, I just make sure that my "Remaining" calories say 500 - that way, I know that I am on track to lose. Does that make sense?
  • wshill7
    wshill7 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Are you saying we need to have at least 500 calories left on our daily log? Just wanna make sure I understand you correctly.
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    MFP recommends the following:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lb/week is ideal
    If you have 15-25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lb/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lb/week is ideal

So, input in your stats, based on the above, to determine your daily base calories.
    Set your activity level based on your daily activities WITHOUT additional exercise.

Then add in your additional exercise calories from the exercise database. Some users find the 'calories burned' in the MFP database to be on the high side, so it is often recommended to start with eating back 50% of your exercise calories (in addition to your daily base calories). Do this for a few weeks, then adjust accordingly. If losing too fast, eat back more than 50% of your exercise calories until you find your proper weekly weight loss rate.
  • alauna84
    alauna84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I follow WW too. Well, I did. Once they switched to the new system, it didn't work as well for me. I wasn't a fan of MFP at first, but now I love it. I've had great success with it.
  • alauna84
    alauna84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @snickerscharlie you are exactly right. I honestly felt I was eating the zero points food in moderation, no more than 2-3 eggs for breakfast, a side of fruit, one chicken breast with my lunch, salmon for dinner, etc. However, when I plugged all of that into mfp, I was eating too many calories.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    it is all about the calories and there is no free food.

WW does not teach a person how to self monitor their diet (as in way of eating, not a temporary way to lose weight)

Ive lost 130 pounds and eat back some, and sometimes all, of my exercise calories.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    alauna84 wrote: »
    @snickerscharlie you are exactly right. I honestly felt I was eating the zero points food in moderation, no more than 2-3 eggs for breakfast, a side of fruit, one chicken breast with my lunch, salmon for dinner, etc. However, when I plugged all of that into mfp, I was eating too many calories.

because it is a lot of calories