• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    This_far wrote: »
    i think i’m psychologically ready to start painting this room

i started one and then gave up😕

its all about preparation

It's all about paying someone to do it professionally

they charge like $100 *an hour* *kitten* that entirely

For real?! Wow, I’ve been researching paint contracting as a possible career move and I’m yet to come across anyone that pricey... and IMO, charging by the hour is kind of unprofessional.

there’s a crew of 2 for that rate but they dont move too quick. i had someone quote me $350 to paint a 12x15 wall (just wall, not room) and decided to diy from then on

At my calculations, that might not be too off the mark, even just at $25/hr. for 1 person.

12 X 15 wall = 180 sq./ft.
    Cutting (60 min.), 1 coat of primer (35 min.), 2 coats of paint (35 min. ea.) = 3 hours

Labour: $25/hr. X 3 hrs. = $75
    Materials: 1 gal Primer $25, 1 gal Paint $30, Supply Buffer $50 = $105
    Markup: 30%

= $234

*Including an overhead charge that can double the cost of labour + materials
    = $468

I could be way off though. If anybody would know for sure, it would be @bojack5 .

i painted it myself for $100 and it took 3 hrs

but everything i do is halfass and i’m okay with that so

Fantastic! !🙌 Doubt it's as half@ss as your nails are always perfection.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member

For real?! Wow, I’ve been researching paint contracting as a possible career move and I’m yet to come across anyone that pricey... and IMO, charging by the hour is kind of unprofessional.

there’s a crew of 2 for that rate but they dont move too quick. i had someone quote me $350 to paint a 12x15 wall (just wall, not room) and decided to diy from then on

At my calculations, that might not be too off the mark, even just at $25/hr. for 1 person.

Cutting (60 min.), 1 coat of primer (35 min.), 2 coats of paint (35 min. ea.) = 3 hours

= $234

= $468

I could be way off though. If anybody would know for sure, it would be @bojack5 .

I painted 6 rooms in my house. I love to paint. I painted a galaxy mural in one room. It's real bad but I'm the only one that has to see it.

I painted one as well… once. I think it turned out ok, although I used an overhead projector to significantly speed up the process. I wouldn't mind trying it again.

tq3oj6f3iorc.jpg

Wow! Looks amazing
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    i just went looking for the photos of the mural that was on my babies’ nursery wall and found where a mouse has a stash. 😕
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    You just DO NOT TAKE food away from a hungry child. That is cruel and abusive. Crazy witch!

That’s seriously messed up.

Exactly. Smh
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member

= $234

= $468

I painted 6 rooms in my house. I love to paint. I painted a galaxy mural in one room. It's real bad but I'm the only one that has to see it.

I painted one as well… once. I think it turned out ok, although I used an overhead projector to significantly speed up the process. I wouldn't mind trying it again.

tq3oj6f3iorc.jpg

You painted that?! Holy *kitten* now mine looks like a toddler got into the paint and crawled on the wall

😆 I doubt that very much.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    i just went looking for the photos of the mural that was on my babies’ nursery wall and found where a mouse has a stash. 😕

Cute...what kind of stash...curly? Bushy?
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,062 Member

= $234

= $468

tq3oj6f3iorc.jpg

Great job brother.
  • Deadman_Diggingup

We need a home reno thread. Mouse stuff optional

Agreed!
  • Deadman_Diggingup

= $234

= $468

tq3oj6f3iorc.jpg

Great job brother.

Thanks partner
  • Deadman_Diggingup

= $234

= $468

tq3oj6f3iorc.jpg

holy crap ! this is amazing !!

Thank you!
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    tenor.gif
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Jovsfood wrote: »
    I bet you say that to all the guys 😜

They need a laugh reaction

Ftenor.gif