Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Vegetarian Diet for Lean Muscle

Options
Hi all,

I am currently 185lbs and my goal is to reach 170lbs. Can anyone advise a vegetarian meal plan to lose weight and build lean muscle at the same time ?

Replies

• pzarnosky
    pzarnosky Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Nimai Delgado is a vegan bodybuilder, vegetarian since birth. He's got meal plans and other resources out there and you'll probably come across several of the other vegan/vegetarian bodybuilders out there that can give you exactly what you're looking for. Personal opinion is you'll get clearer answers that way than by this forum.
  • puneetkolathaya
    Options
    Thank you so much. Appreciate it!
  • puneetkolathaya
    Options
    I tried to reach out to many vegan body builders out there and honestly none of their suggestions helped. They have a dedicated life where they get time to focus on workout and diet. I am a software engineer and spend most of my time in a chair. With all my remaining time I can't find time to cook meals as per their suggestions. I wanted to reach out to people who have similar lifestyle and managed to build lean muscle.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,032 Member
    Options
    @BecomingBane suggestions for the OP?
  • pzarnosky
    pzarnosky Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Food prepping for several days at once isn't an option for you?
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    pzarnosky wrote: »
    Food prepping for several days at once isn't an option for you?

This. Meal prepping is the only possible way I can keep up with healthy eating. I'm WIPED OUT by the end of my meal prep day (consider that a workout itself) but it makes my week so much better.