Working out in fasted state

2»

Replies

• PWHF
    PWHF Posts: 221 Member
    I've been doing fasted lifting for a while now, great for cutting but on a bulk it will be interesting to see.
  • Allykhat1
    Allykhat1 Posts: 1 Member
    Training in a fasted state works for me. I feel more energetic when I eat nothing before my workout. I drink lots of plain water before my workout and add a couple of electrolyte tabs (Nuum) to my water to consume during the workout. After the workout, I have protein shake, not too long after, a light meal. Thus works best for me in the morning. I tried doing a normal pm workout after having a good lunch earlier in the day and my heart rate wouldn’t budge. I was sluggish as hell.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    JBanx256 wrote: »
    smolmaus wrote: »
    Sorry like I said I’m on the road so I don’t have the exact study but this is the simplest result I found immediately.

https://medium.com/thrive-global/working-out-while-fasting-is-one-of-the-best-choices-you-can-make-f03453c5067a

This is clickbait that references an article that references a study. Why would you bother posting at all if this is what you use to back yourself up?

We live in a world where people read an article in Cosmo or Men's Health and say they read a study...I'm not sure the majority of people can legitimately make that distinction.

I don't think most people can make the distinction. I think it gets much worse when we think about the ability for your average person to be able to distinguish science journalism vs academic articles. It's an issue of academic literacy (or lack thereof).