Fitbit Sync

Options
km2299
km2299 Posts: 1 Member
edited September 2019 in Getting Started
I see that there are a bunch of messages regarding syncing of the fit bit with this app but I didn't find a solution.

Anyone have any up to date information on this? I have not been able to get it to work.

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I actually can’t remember 100% which way I did this, but I strongly suspect it’s about the Fitbit app as a starting point.

I’ve had MFP for many years and the Fitbit for around 2 years. If you go to your Fitbit dashboard, and the icon that is at the very top left it should give you options to link other apps and trackers. Under Discover - Compatible Apps, choose the MFP option.

I’m not hugely tech savvy but I have to admit I had no problems getting this to work almost instinctively. It does seem to lag on the syncing from time to time, but mostly closing the Fitbit app and restarting MFP kicks it in the butt and makes it sync.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Sweet! That worked for me! It was synching up first thing in the AM (I am a restless sleeper so I wake up with 100-200 steps each morning just from tossing and turning :# ), but that was it... I closed out MFP, then went through the steps you described, as though I had never downloaded it before... clicked “open” via the App Store when it popped up and BAM! all my steps are there now!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    That’s great! Glad it helped...possibly the first time I’ve ever known how to do something techy!

Must tell my kids who constantly mock me! 😂