thigh shrinker?

Options
Any suggestions on what I can do to trim my upper thighs...I am doing Slim in 6 right now and have already noticed a difference in my love handles. Plus I have been riding my bike regulalry...I really want to concentrate on shedding some fat off my upper thighs....any advice?

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what your doing!
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Well, we cannot 'spot reduce' fat on our bodies. Do a mixture of cardiovascular and strength training workouts and you'll get where you want to be. Keep your nutrition 'in check', ie. eat 'clean' and balanced.

Trust me, I am a 'thigh girl' myself, our bodies have specific fat storage areas and it can really only be reduced overall.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    If you figure out the secret, let me know! My thighs are the last place I lose weight....even when running. Oh well, just the way God made me, I guess.....

Truthfully, running is the best way I've found, but I am not being facious when I tell you that I just don't have luck losing my thighs - my weight comes off proportionally so the ONLY time I've seen my thighs come down proportionally is when I've lost everywhere else (except my boobs - they really are the last to go).
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what your doing!

This!

Susanne summers thigh master? LOL
  • missbuterfly
    Options
    go to fitnessmagazine.com they have all kinds of exercises on there. I do lunges and squats and wall squats. those really work!
  • efokken
    efokken Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    more sex? .... that always makes my thighs sore... just saying...:flowerforyou:
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great. I think it's finding the right combo for you. For me it is a combo of cardio and strength training with a lot of squats and lunges. Since I started this routine I have lost a pants size. So although the experts say that you can't spot reduce… I think you can spot reduce by increasing toned muscle in the area you want to work on.
  • NiallWallace
    NiallWallace Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions on what I can do to trim my upper thighs...I am doing Slim in 6 right now and have already noticed a difference in my love handles. Plus I have been riding my bike regulalry...I really want to concentrate on shedding some fat off my upper thighs....any advice?

Shrink may not be the term you want if your cycling :-p
  • gtmama
    gtmama Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone...guess their is no simple answer....going to keep doing what I have been...hopefully the cylcing will at teh very least tone up what I have...get rid of the jiggle
  • gtmama
    gtmama Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    more sex? .... that always makes my thighs sore... just saying...:flowerforyou:

I'm sure my husband would thank you for that advice!:bigsmile:
  • lorilynn22
    lorilynn22 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this will make sense but it's a resistance band exercise I got with my bands.
    It says:

Loop the handle around right ankle, sucure tube under left foot holding onto remainder in left hand.
    Keeping both legs straight, bring right leg out to the side of you without leaning. make sure to stabilize torso by contracting abs and keeping right ankle flexed. Slowly bring the right leg back next to the left. Do not rest the right foor on the floor between repititions.
    Hope it makes sense to you.