Am I more pear or hourglass shaped?

Options

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    If you're using breast to waist to hip ratio, you're a Pear shaped. If you choose shoulders to waist to hips ratio, then you're an hourglass.

Agree @clothing and pose not being optimal to gauge and answer you as internetty accurately as we can.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I would say that currently, at least, you’re tending towards pear, although I suspect that you may be holding any weight you may have left to lose on your lower waist and hip.

Again though, that photo makes it tough to tell, with your right hand obscuring your right hip and your left hand holding the phone up. The forward leg is skewing you to the left so that hip is flexed.
  • CharlieAnn31
    CharlieAnn31 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above poster. why put a label on it. You have a great shape and look healthy. it is very difficult to tell with the one leg back.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Uhhh... strawberries? Jk Opps... not a choice. You look nothing like a fruit. More like a pretty young lady. Who cares what kind of fruit you look like. How do you feel about yourself?
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Why do you ask?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I say hourglass.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    p5bgv236k7j8.jpg
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    You look good, a nice feminine shape.
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    pass but you have a lovely defined waist (im straight up and down here) and nice feminine curves. if you want to know your shape measure at hips shoulders and waist
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    As an apparel fit expert who’s recently spent hours analyzing bodyscans caegorizing them acording to body type, I’d your an hourglass but I would really need you to stand straight with a front and side photo to say for sure.

But to others point, these are fashion terms, not fitness terms. They do serve a purpose but they don’t mean much unless you’re trying to decide whether to buy curvy fit or regular fit pants.