Have you had tendinitis?

Options
2»

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I’ve had severe Supraspinatus Tendonitis/Tendonopathy in my right shoulder since I was 21. I’m now 58, and whilst there have been periods where it’s not as acute it’s never gone away and I’m always aware of it.

Years of NSAIDs, a couple of intra-joint injections and countless courses of physio have only provided brief relief. I’m reluctantly on the path to surgery currently which, frankly, terrifies me! I’ve never had range of motion issues with it, just a lot of pain, on movement and in resting and I’m worried that the surgery will effect range of motion. As a very short woman I need to be able to reach over my head for most every day tasks! 😂
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    In my own experience (Tendonitis in lower arm) it took me about a month to feel no pain, I used a brace on it during this time and took ibuprofen and used ice/heat treatments and regular physio stretches/exercises.

I did row once or twice during this period but not at full strength. Was back to normal rowing about a 6 weeks after the initial diagnosis.

I do think it differs from person to person, another girl from my rowing club had the same as me and was out for 4 months.