Anyone lose 100+ pounds WITHOUT surgery?

Options
1242526272830»

Replies

• LRLemon
    LRLemon Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've lost -99 lbs over 16 months. Followed a Calories-In-Calories-Out (CICO) diet in 2014 which worked OK but I was never comfortable...had hunger pangs and cravings. Willpower alone kept me going but after 1 year I gave up and over the next few years regained the weight. In 2018 I started a low-carb diet (<60 carbs/day) which became a keto diet (<25g carbs/day). No more hunger pangs or cravings. Eating the same calorically as I did with the CICO diet. Weight has come off quicker. Here's my weight loss chart that covers both diets (brown line = CICO diet; black line = KETO diet). KETO is a lifestyle now. I'll increase fats when I get to a healthy weight. (I'm burning internal fats as I lose weight). sp314o1uuw1z.png
  • DW1Texas
    DW1Texas Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Was down 118bs then gained a few back when I took a break from working out and logging in food on MFP after 1 year of work.
    Back at it again and ideally will lose another 80 to get to where I want to be. KETO and CICO
    Starting weight 398 (before MFP) current weight 290 with a goal of somewhere between 210 and 220.
  • MariMcKeon
    MariMcKeon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    no surgery and in 9 months I am at a 55# loss. Another 20 before the end of the year I hope. Long term goal is 100 more in 18 months June 2021......slow and steady. Injuries have prevented working out so it has been all diet, Hope to change that soon!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I have nothing against bariatric surgery. I had one done myself, but after 10 years of problems with no weight loss because of said problems, it was finally reversed and I feel amazing, like I am human again!

I am now looking at losing 100+ pounds, and would love to hear from anyone who has done it without surgery. Pictures would be AWESOME!

Thank you in advance! :flowerforyou:

Yes 98lbs with only lifting weights and no cardio... I only started doing cardio cause I platitude for 3 weeks and wanted to hit the 100lb mark ... Went on to lose 173lbs total ... no surgery ... no drugs... no fat burners either.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!