Hey! I’m Amber 🙂

Options
cutered19
cutered19 Posts: 3 Member
edited September 2019 in Introduce Yourself
2yokqn56c575.jpeg
Hi Everyone, I’ve been a member of MFP for awhile but I’ve never really introduced myself on here or had any interactions to the MFP community. I seriously started trying to change my lifestyle on January 2nd of this year. I’ve since lost 74 lbs total and counting. I started at a very high weight so even losing that amount of weight, I’m still nowhere near where I need to be. I’ve got about 120 more lbs to lose all together. I’ve been struggling the past two months though and I’ve been gaining and losing the same 10 lbs it seems. Literally making no progress at this point, just damage control on that 10 lbs. I’ve began losing my motivation and I don’t want to throw away all the hard work I’ve put in over the past 8 months. Any encouraging words or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Well done! You should be very proud of your progress.

Have you lowered your calorie intake at all since losing all that weight? You won't require as many calories now to lose or maintain.

Many members here had a horrible August. I know I ended the month with a gain. 😝

• kristenmary70
    kristenmary70 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @LyndaBSS , I thought that the app would automatically adjust calories when you hit certain levels? As long as you are entering your weight regularly? I have not been doing this on MFP for very long, but I guess I was hoping that was true?
  • kristenmary70
    kristenmary70 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @cutered19 you look AWESOME! Congratulations on taking charge of your health!
  • LyndaBSS
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @LyndaBSS , I thought that the app would automatically adjust calories when you hit certain levels? As long as you are entering your weight regularly? I have not been doing this on MFP for very long, but I guess I was hoping that was true?

I've been on the app from day one. It has never automatically updated my calories. I have to go to the website and update my goals there about every 10 pounds lost.
  • cutered19
    Options
    @LyndaBSS I’ve noticed that it updates after I’ve logged my weight loss. It’s definitely changed from what I was allowed when I first began logging to what I am now. I was in the 2000’s when I first started and now in order to stay losing 2 lbs a week.. it’s got me at 1600 a day. Thank you btw! 😊
  • cutered19
    Options
    @kristenmary70 thank you so much!
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    Happy to help. ☺
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    Awesome results Amber, you look great! Keep up the great work! Just remember that it takes time to get to where you want to be. There will be setbacks, good days, bad days, and so on.
    All that matters is no matter how many times you get knocked down you pick yourself back up. :wink: :smiley: