Recipe From The Web

KNV1608
KNV1608 Posts: 2 Member
I uploaded a recipe link from a website by copy/paste method, however, the nutritional information seems to be a bit jumbled. For example, a single serving of beans salad is not going to have close to 2000 calories. I have tried to manually change some of the ingredients that I know is messing the counts up, but it is still not taking the serving size into account. Does anyone have any advice???

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    So you copied and pasted the recipe into the recipe builder or you linked to it in the recipe builder? Either way, you should check every ingredient to be sure a reasonable entry was pulled. The recipe builder is notorious for selecting a garlic entry that is hundreds of calories. I have similarly seen herb entries for hundreds of calories. Then you should also check the number of servings with the recipe. It may be set to 1 serving rather the 4 or however many that is actually created.
  • mariannekehl
    mariannekehl Posts: 66 Member
    Also make sure you have it set to how many servings the entire recipe makes - I think it defaults to "1"
  • phippsorama
    phippsorama Posts: 1 Member
    I agree so many discrepancies . My recipe went from 570 to over 2000 in sodium and the ingredients wers listed per serving. Unable to find way to change it, I am going to die of sodium overdose!
  • KNV1608
    KNV1608 Posts: 2 Member
    It says that it serves 6, however, serving size only has 1 without any way to change it.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    KNV1608 wrote: »
    It says that it serves 6, however, serving size only has 1 without any way to change it.

You should be able to change that number from a 1 to a 6 when you click the edit recipe button. On the website, the number of servings will appear in a box just below the title. On the app, you click edit, next through the ingredients screen, and can change the number of servings on the last screen with the save option. Again it will be right below the title. If you still can't change it even when in editing mode for the recipe, then there is probably a glitch and you will need to contact the development team for help.