I need to be healthy

Options
Hey all I have the problem of i need to lose my stomach but sadly I can’t seem to get it off no matter what and I can’t find a safe low impact exercise to do.. I had open heart surgery in March and I’m still having problems and I just feel like I’m gonna be stuck like this forever any ideas on how I can drop this guy

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Exercise is optional. Weight loss is 100% about being in a calorie deficit, so if you eat less than you burn you are guaranteed to drop fat.

Put your stats into MFP, get a food scale, eat the amount you're told to eat. Easy.
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    If you have recently had cardiac surgery PLEASE consult your medical team before starting any sort of exercise.
    As the above poster has said, weight loss is all about calorie deficit.
    Good luck in your quest for better health.
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Definitely check with doctors first in your situation. Are you cleared for much walking? I have lost a few inches off my stomach and got completely off high blood pressure meds for first time in 3 years just by eating in a calorie deficit, logging everything, and walking - and doing this consistently for 8 months. I walk just to increase the deficit so I can have more room in the calorie budget for things I enjoy, and for general heart health (I use a fitbit with heartrate for getting the calories burned)
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is 100% about consistently being in a calorie deficit. You don't have to exercise. If you want to exercise, you need to consult your cardiologist before starting any exercise plan. I would also recommend asking for a referral to an RD who specializes in nutrition for cardiac patients, so you can ensure your weight loss effort is healthy for you.