Sharing Recipes in APP

Bethypoo00
Bethypoo00 Posts: 1 Member
Hi, I have put in my own recipes into myfitnesspal. Is there a way to share them with friends here individually? Seems like it would be easier instead of them putting in all the ingredients.

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    You can only add other people's recipes if they have logged them and you have access to view their diaries, in which case you can copy the meal in which they logged the recipe. You won't be able to see the ingredients in the recipe.
  • agtiatd
    agtiatd Posts: 1 Member
    Hey!
    I think one thing you can do is you can kinda let them access the recipe by allowing them to view your diary, and through that they can copy the meal where the recipe is logged in into their own diary and this will allow them to see the nutritional values that you've logged into the meal (they won't be able to view the ingredients I think, but it will allow them to use that recipe that you've entered and adjust the number of servings to fit the amount they had). So what you would do is:

1. First you need to make sure you have the friend that you want to share the recipe with added into your friends list. (You do that by going to the friends tab in the side bar menu, and add your friend by having them enter their email or FB account or whatever it is they've used to create their account).
    2. You need to go to the 'privacy centre' tab in the same side menu, and click into 'sharing & privacy settigs' and then change your diary sharing which is by default set as private (you have options to share it publicly, with friends only, or even set a passcode I think).
    3. From there, your friend will be able to click on your profile from their 'friends' tab and then click onto your diary. They can copy the meal in which you've logged your recipe into their own diary (it only copies entire meals so if under dinner for instance you have logged the recipe and something else along with it like yogurt or aomething it will copy all of that into their diary but they can easily delete what they don't want to keep into their diary). That way they'll have the same recipe without having to enter all the ingredients.

Hope this helps.
  • I was wondering the same thing. Thanks.