Simple trick that took an embarrassingly long time for you to figure out...

Options
1234568»

Replies

• ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    anl90 wrote: »
    I would say knowing I CAN eat what I want, it is simply a matter of watching the amount I eat. For the longest time, I thought losing weight meant eating food I did not like and just toughing through it. Praise da lordt that is not the case, because I am a major foodie. :D

This is a huge insight for a lot of people. I'm a little sad for the folks who never quite grasp this very simple, but incredibly liberating concept.

Good for you!
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    bump
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Good portioning is equally as important as food choices when monitoring calories and nutrition, along with consistent exercise.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Rejecting willpower and implementing discipline. Not sure exactly what my hangup was in regards to food - a combination of buying into high/low metabolism and confirmation bias.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Rejecting willpower and implementing discipline. Not sure exactly what my hangup was in regards to food - a combination of buying into high/low metabolism and confirmation bias.

I like your emphasis on discipline. It really is the key to consistency for me.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Today, thanks to this thread, I learned what the “Tare” button on my scale does. I’ve been doing it the hard way all along. I honestly thought that button was just some useless fancy scale thing that I’d never need to use. How wrong was I?! Wow 😮

don't feel bad, it took me a couple weeks to figure out what that "extra" button did too! :-P
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Today, thanks to this thread, I learned what the “Tare” button on my scale does. I’ve been doing it the hard way all along. I honestly thought that button was just some useless fancy scale thing that I’d never need to use. How wrong was I?! Wow 😮

I love the meta nature of how the thread where people tell about things they belatedly learned was the source of said learning. That's not the first time that's happened on this thread either. Quite a while back someone posted about how they randomly figured out that turning their phone to 'landscape mode' meant that they could see all their macros and not just the calorie totals in their food diary, then about a million people—myself included—piled on in amazement because they didn't know that either until they read her post.