Hello! Calorie help needed

piratesmile88
piratesmile88 Posts: 7 Member
edited September 2019 in Getting Started
Hi everyone! I've actually been using MFP since March, and off and on before that, but decided to go ahead and join the forums!

I could actually use some help with calories settings, I'm currently trying to recomp.

5'6in, 31F CW: 139lbs, office job (sedentary) but go to the gym 4-6 days a week, 15 minutes cardio and 30-45 minutes weight lifting. I've tried the TDEE calculators and MFP and can't quite figure out where i should be calorie wise. BF when i first got measured at the gym with calipers was 35% at 154lbs, fitbit aria scale still has me around 30-32% bf and i know its unreliable. I currently eat around 1500 calories on non-gym days and about 1600-1800 on gym days.

please help!

Replies

• piratesmile88
    piratesmile88 Posts: 7 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Any calculator is just going to give you a starting point. You really just pick one and after 4-6 weeks look at what your weight is doing and go from there.

MFP is different from a TDEE calculator - MFP does not include exercise calories (it expects you to log your exercise and gives you extra calories at that point) while a TDEE calculator includes your exercise calories and spreads them out evenly over time.

I think what you're currently eating sounds fine, maybe a little a low but maybe not. If you're comfortable there, stick with it and tweak if you see the scale move too much out of your range over a few weeks.

If you haven't seen this post, it might help too:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

:drinker:

Thank you!