How much egg can I have hhhhmmm???

Options
Hi
Too much too little how much?? I am confused....I love eggs how much then???

Replies

• vodkaswigger
    Options
    I eat about 8 a week, mainly for breakfast meals and i have been steadily losing. scrambled or fried, if you love them, theres no need to cut back x
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I eat 6 egg whites a day almost every day and I am losing..it is the yolks that kill ya =)
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love eggs too. I have to limit them because of cholesterol but I think I heard on Dr Oz.having one a day is fine.
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I eat about 14 a week or more--everyday for breakfast for sure. There used to be a big cholesterol scare about them that was debunked. Dietary cholesterol does not create serum cholesterol--in fact your body will make cholesterol if it doesn't get enough in the diet. Your body uses cholesterol to make vitamin D along with sunshine: so get enough of both.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I eat about 14 a week or more--everyday for breakfast for sure. There used to be a big cholesterol scare about them that was debunked. Dietary cholesterol does not create serum cholesterol--i

I agree with this. I eat two for breakfast every morning and if for some reason I don't get 'em at breakfast, I have egg salad for lunch. :)
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    About 2-3 whole eggs nearly every day. Plus some yolk in mayonnaise, when I make it. Yolks are good for you -- especially from free-range chickens or ones fed an omega-3 enriched diet.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I love my eggs.....I love a fried egg sanga with bbq sauce and cheese....I have this make these 3 times a week.....

.I actually cook them in my kambrook omelet maker.....so much easier then in fry pan.....plus less fat......
  • TressaBarron
    Options
    I was eating 3 egg, egg white omelettes a morning and the nutritionist working with me told me to up it to 4. So I have been having 4 egg whites omelette style every morning the last couple of weeks. The cholesterol and fats are in the yolk. Many people do like 3 egg whites plus one whole egg also. I thought egg whites would be gross, but I love them in the morning. I put kale, spinach, avocado, green onion... sometimes squash in them. They are delicious and filling.
  • javalyd
    javalyd Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone!!! I am not so scared n e more!! I lub eggs!!!!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    The fat and cholesterol in the yolks are NOT bad for you. I wish that myth was throw out like the garbage it is.
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've been consuming 6 small (but WHOLE) eggs every day recently. Except today where I only had 3. I love my yolks and won't part with them. Now I'm wondering if that's too much. They're just so cheap, easy, and full of good protein. PLUS, and a biggie, I don't have to worry about sodium with them. XD
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    The fat and cholesterol in the yolks are NOT bad for you. I wish that myth was throw out like the garbage it is.

I worry about the carbs..not the cholesterol...just to calrify my comment.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

oh I see. I wasn't sure so I just looked it up, and one whole egg has only 0.6g of carbs. Even if you have 6 eggs, that's only 3.6g. Not a lot for me but I guess whatever works for you :)
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I eat four eggs a day If i can afford it. Dont really care about the colestrol, thats a myth.
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    When i could actually eat eggs, the whole egg was my favorite. Sunnyside up to eat with my toast or hard boiled. However almost 3 yrs ago i found out the HARD way that i'm allergic to egg yolks and it's made my already picky eating habits harder. Egg substitute just doesn't taste the same. I envy all of you.......
  • angiolm
    angiolm Posts: 52
    Options
    Eggs-ceptional Topic!

I love Eggs. I like to hard boil them and peel them and portion them out for quick get aways. Put them in my lunch bag for snacks - one egg really fills you up on snack break with celery, carrots and cucumbers.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options

I think you have carbs confused with calories.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I eat about a dozen a week, and of those probably 2 have yolks . . . I like cheese and would rather add cheese then eat the yolks.