Too much fiber?!

Options
I have been going over fiber everyday. Tonight it was over 36 fiber . Is this okay or am I getting to much fiber?

Replies

• tinamarie0711
    Options
    hmmm id say its ok..
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just don't go anywhere too far from a bathroom tomorrow.
  • abrown4348
    abrown4348 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine a lot of fiber being a bad thing...
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    It's nothing for me to hit 35g a day. As far as I can tell, I'm ok! :smile:
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    If it's from grains it may impair your body's ability to absorb nutrients--is it from vegetables? Or from fiber bars? If so, cut down on the non-soluable fiber like this in favor of more nutrient dense fiber like vegetables.
  • laurenalison
    laurenalison Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have found that too much fiber can leave me feeling a little bloated, but if your digestive system is used to it will only increase your regularity and weight loss!
  • manyblessingsihave
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice!!!
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I try to keep mine at around 30
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    just make sure you're taking in enough water to go along with all that fiber! you don't wanna clog the plumbing...
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly sure the recommended fiber is 20 a day? I usually end up between 19 and 35. I feel great when I get 20 or more. It has helped bathroom trips be more regular (that used to be a trouble). and I feel like fiber is a good healthy addition (as in, instead of eating a high sugar food i will choose a high fiber, and I feel good about that)
  • elgface
    elgface Posts: 35
    Options
    OMG I am always waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay under.... how do you do it? what do you eat? tell me pls!
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    The more fiber, the better.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Like anything else too much of anything is never good. Fortunately you're in line! The daily recommended amount is 25-35 so you're not far off at all.
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I read up on that , not long ago, myself. Fiber will absorb your water intake and can actually constipate you. I also read that a female should have around 25g daily and a male, 30g. I keep mine right around 25g even though my goal here says to only consume 15g. I also drink water all day outside of V~8 vegetable juice and I blend my fruits in to a 1/2 cup of fat free milk in the morning. I am more regular now..... than I have been in my life........and I have ALWAYS had problems w/ that..... either one way or the other.
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    OMG I am always waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay under.... how do you do it? what do you eat? tell me pls!

Fruits and veggies!!!!! LOOK IT UP ON THE INTERNET.... FIBER RICH FOODS.
  • elgface
    elgface Posts: 35
    Options
    yeah I know, but when it says it is high on fiber, you still have to eat so much of it to meet the daily goal :(
  • ai965
    ai965 Posts: 118
    Options
    Just make sure you are eating plenty of solid food for all of that fiber to move along-otherwise bad things happen.