Ingredients
    1/4 cup maple syrup - I use the low sugar kind
    2 tablespoons soy sauce - I use the low sodium kind
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 pound salmon

Directions
    In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper.
    Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish, and marinate salmon in the refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once.
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
    Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake salmon uncovered 20 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork.

:bigsmile: This is also my favorite one! I love making salmon sandwiches out of it. So good.
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I eat salmon all the time, so yummy! I just spray Pam in a glass baking dish, place the salmon filet down, and coat with a tiny bit of olive oil, coarse sea salt, and whatever other seasonings are lying around (I have a salad/veggie seasoning that goes well with it), then bake in the oven...time depends on how big your piece of fish is, So simple but so good :)
  • tyadrake
    tyadrake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    We eat a ton of seafood in our house, but one of my kids' favorites is when I saute onions, mushrooms, garlic, fresh thyme & dill with either olive oil or butter until the onion are just opaque. Be careful not to bun the garlic as it will get bittter.

I place the Salmon fillet skin side down on a large sheet of tin foil then smother it with the onion mixture. Take a fresh lemon and squeeze the juice over the top of everything. Season well with Salt & Pepper and place a string of sliced lemon down the middle of the Salmon. Close the foil up tight to make a pouch and you can either put the pouch in the oven foe 10-15 min (depending on the size of the fillet) or you can pop it on the grill.

Cooked this wy it does not dry out and the flavors are amazing. We eat this on top of rice, cous cous, salads and cold on top of
    crackers for an elegant snack!

Hope you enjoy it!
  • gigi1959
    gigi1959 Posts: 17
    Options
    Preheat oven 450F

Virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and Dill weeds both sides
    Cook 20- 25 minutes

Extremely easy, tender and delicious
  • m_lang
    m_lang Posts: 16
    Options
    2 T oil
    1/2 t garlic or powder
    2 t lemon juice
    2 t dijon mustard
    2 t basil
    1/2 t salt
    1/8 t pepper
    4 pc of salmon

Mix together and marinate for 30 min room temp or 1 hour in fridge. Bake at 350 F til salmons flakes with fork.

It is vey yummy : )
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Smoke the salmon and have on bagels or crackers with whipped cream cheese. <3
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Not so sure its healthy.....but i like salmon fingers and so does my dad.....i cut the salmon up into strips and bread it like you would chicken (a little bit of milk, one egg for the wet mix, dip it in flour first, then the milk mix then seasoned bread crumbs) and you can bake it, probably like 350 for 20 mins....but i just fry it in olive oil......you can dip it in tartar sauce or any dressing you prefer
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    bump
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i love to eat small 4 oz. filet- do a rub of some brown sugar, paprika, thyme ( not much maybe 1/4 tsp of thyme)- sorry I don't have exact amounts. I mix a little of each in a bowl and then rub on the filet and it marinates for about 30 minutes. It is easy to cook in the oven on a cookie sheet at about 450 for about 10 min. I have also grilled it in my green egg. I just love salmon cooked with this rub, because i have a sweet tooth. i hope you give it a try...

this sounds good..will try this..
  • sandradi11
    Options
    I'm actually making this for dinner this evening and my favourite salmon recipe:

RECIPE

400 gr green beans
    200 gr cherry tomatoes
    1 to 2 handfuls black olives
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    Capers
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper

2 x 200 gram salmon fillet steak
    1/2 lemon
    12 anchovy fillets

Preheat the oven and a roasting tray at the highest temperature.

Tail the green beans, blanch them until tender in salted, boiling water, and drain. Put in a bowl with the cherry tomatoes, capers and the olives. Toss in the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.

Give the salmon fillets a quick wash under the tap and pat dry with kitchen paper towels. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lemon over the fillets, on both sides, then season both sides with salt and pepper and drizzle a little olive oil over the top.

Take the hot roasting tray from the oven. Put the salmon at 1 end of the roasting tray. Add the green beans & tomato mixture next to the salmon in the tray and lay the anchovies over the green beans

Roast in the preheated oven, around 220c for 10 minutes. Or to your liking.

Enjoy :smile:
  • coatsie79
    coatsie79 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thai Grilled Salmon - Serves 2

2 Salmon Fillets

Marinade:
    0.5 Red Chilli, finely chopped
    1 Garlic Clove, finely chopped
    0.5 tbsp Fish Sauce
    0.5 tbsp Sesame Oil
    1 tbsp Clear Honey
    Handful of Chopped Coriander
    Pinch of Ground Black Pepper

Garnish:
    Chopped Cucumber (a piece about a couple of inches long)
    2 Spring Onions, finely sliced

Served with:
    100g Boiled Rice
    2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce

Method:
    Marinate the Salmon in the chilli, garlic, fish sauce, sesame oil, honey and coriander in the fridge for at least 30 mins or overnight. Cook under a grill for approx 15 mins or until cooked all the way through, the honey will make the edges go all crispy. Serve with white boiled rice and chilli dipping sauce, sprinkle the salmon with the cucumber and spring onions.

Approx 570 Calories per serving (probably less because you wont end up eating all of the marinate.)
  • eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    my mom just puts the filet on a dish, with a few slices of ginger on top. it steams for about half an hour, and she drizzles a bit of oyster sauce over it. i'm super picky when it comes to fish, but mama gets me every time :).
  • cali_co
    Options
    bump
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Thai Grilled Salmon - Serves 2

2 Salmon Fillets

Marinade:
    0.5 Red Chilli, finely chopped
    1 Garlic Clove, finely chopped
    0.5 tbsp Fish Sauce
    0.5 tbsp Sesame Oil
    1 tbsp Clear Honey
    Handful of Chopped Coriander
    Pinch of Ground Black Pepper

Garnish:
    Chopped Cucumber (a piece about a couple of inches long)
    2 Spring Onions, finely sliced

Served with:
    100g Boiled Rice
    2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce

Method:
    Marinate the Salmon in the chilli, garlic, fish sauce, sesame oil, honey and coriander in the fridge for at least 30 mins or overnight. Cook under a grill for approx 15 mins or until cooked all the way through, the honey will make the edges go all crispy. Serve with white boiled rice and chilli dipping sauce, sprinkle the salmon with the cucumber and spring onions.

Approx 570 Calories per serving (probably less because you wont end up eating all of the marinate.)

I made something similar the other day.

2 salmon fillets
    1 thumb sized piece of ginger
    2 chillis
    1 tbsp thai curry paste
    1 bunch coriander (Cilantro)
    1 beaten egg

Whiz the lot together and leave to set in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Remove and form into patties and cook in a non-stick pan with a little oil for about 3 mins either side.

I ate mine with a cucumber salad, dressed with lime juice/ coriander & chilli and sprinkled with crushed roasted peanuts,.