Podcasts

Options
Podcasts have been a game changer for me in my efforts to lose weight. Not only have I found some that make me feel less alone in my struggles, they also just make me feel less lonely in general. I can put on a podcast for an hour long walk, or while I'm cooking dinner and, crazy as it may sound, it's like I'm having a conversation with a friend.

My favorite health, wellness, and/or fitness podcasts:

Pound This with Amanda Valentine - great for everyday inspiration and tips
It's not about the food - this is great if you feel lost or trapped in diet culture, or suffer from an eating disorder.
Almost 30 - this is centered around spirituality and health

Another one I listen to regularly is Getting Curious with JVN. It's so much fun to listen to and you learn so much.

Anyone have any favorites they'd like to share?

Replies

• Bj0223
    Bj0223 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love listening to books and podcasts while I run or walk. I enjoy Star Talk and Conan. I will try the ones you mentioned :)
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Sigma Nutrition and the Fitcast are health-related ones I like a lot. I also enjoy Rich Roll although I don't agree with everything he's into. I do find many of them inspirational. I've cycled through some others -- I used to have a triathlon one I loved but it ended, there's the Runners Connect podcast which is interesting, I enjoy occasional episodes of No Meat Athlete (although I am not vegan), various others.

I listen to a variety of others not health related too, depending on what I'm into at the time. They are great when working out, cleaning, or just commuting sometimes. I had to drive several hours (work related) yesterday, so it was good for that.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    There’s a comedy one that’s diet related that I listen to. I think anyone who’s ever tried to lose weight or been to any sort of Weight Watchers/Slimming World style Club will identify with it and laugh with it!

It’s the ‘Secret World of Slimming Clubs’.

Well worth a listen for something lighthearted!

There are lots of other genre podcasts too that I listen to, depending on my mood and whether I’m doing housework or gardening or out walking.