Summer 2019 fitness goals - the measurable ones

Options
2»

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    Mine aren't as detailed as most of you, impressive goals!

Mine are to increase resistance on the recumbent bike and elliptical.

Increase weights and weight lifting exercises so I'm not lifting wussy weights.

Get my bike tuned up and hit the trails once I learn to ride again!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    Well I suppose "sucking less" isn't actually a measurable goal ;)

In that case, scull more (at least twice a week).
    Gain confidence in bowing.
    Try not to get stressed out about feeling the need to do more cross training than I currently do.
    Think about running once a week on Wednesdays (key word being "think"). This is a bit of a contradiction with the above goal.
    Compete in a second regatta this summer (maybe in a double, maybe in a very flat bottomed single?! - see the first goal)

Okay, I'll bite. I thought of a few definitions of "bowing" but none of them seemed to me like they'd require a lot of fitness (?)

Bowing, in this context, means sitting in the bow seat of a sculling boat (shell) or an uncoxed sweep (so a boat that doesn't have a coxen steering). The person in bow does a lot of steering and makes all of the executive steering decisions.
    I am very unconfident in this position (I'm also not a confident cox but I'm far less confident in bow) and the river I row on has a lot of bridges and a fair amount of snags and deadheads (large chunks of wood that have ancored themselves to the river bed) to avoid. And then there's the avoiding other rowing shells, dealing with dragon boats, etc.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Bumping this discussion because the last day of Summer is tomorrow and it's time for me to fess up and give an accountability report on how I did with my Summer 2019 fitness goals. I'm testing my one-mile run time tomorrow if all goes well and then having a body fat scan the middle of next week. Then, I'll post my report here. I believe there will be a few goals that I'll miss. Oh well, had fun trying. Also will be setting Fall 2019 fitness goals, all measurable of course.

Anyone else?