Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What have you discovered that’s low in kilojoules, yet very satisfying?

SuperMotivated56
SuperMotivated56 Posts: 119 Member
edited September 2019 in Food and Nutrition
Mushrooms! 🍄😋

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Raw veggies.
    Green cabbage and radishes in particular. A lot of chewing satisfaction going on.
  • SuperMotivated56
    SuperMotivated56 Posts: 119 Member
    Do you add something to the raw cabbage to make it more palatable? 🥬
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    whole raw carrots
  • RedAbilty
    RedAbilty Posts: 15 Member
    Herbal teas 🍵💚
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member

That’s the thing, I just core it, wash it, and cut it in big chunks. My husband thinks it’s really weird. I really like it raw, dislike cooked cabbage and sauerkraut. You can eat a lot of raw cabbage and radishes for very few calories and it takes a while to eat.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Rocket/arugula
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member

That’s the thing, I just core it, wash it, and cut it in big chunks. My husband thinks it’s really weird. I really like it raw, dislike cooked cabbage and sauerkraut. You can eat a lot of raw cabbage and radishes for very few calories and it takes a while to eat.

I love raw cabbage, it's part of my lunch every day. Sometimes i shred it into the slaw, add a bit of broccoli, apples and use mustard and vinegar dressing on it. But i find that it's delicious in sauerkraut form, sauteed, grilled. So raw veggies for me too, raw beets, carrots, broccoli, celery, cauliflower, radishes.
  • Palm linguine. 60 calls for the whole can. I’m putting it in everything to make the meal more filling for the total calories.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Strawberries.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Strawberries, cantaloupe, and carrots are frequent choices for me when I want a snack but don't have many calories. If I'm not actually hungry but just want to eat something, I like having a dill pickle, as the intense flavour will satisfy my munchies.
  • Raw carrot, sugar snap peas, mushrooms, broccoli. Sometimes I make a carrot slaw which is just grated carrot with a mix of lemon juice, mustard and pinch of paprika. It's lovely and refreshing!
  • fremliner
    fremliner Posts: 4 Member
    Roasted squash! Carnival, kabocha, and buttercup especially because they're also sweet, but have a texture similar to a baked potato. So, so satisfying. Half of one is just under a hundred calories.
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Microwave sweet potatoes! And chopped salads with Skinny Girl dressing. I went thru a rutabaga phase, a cubed roasted rutabaga fills me up like a Thanksgiving dinner.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Big fresh salads with light balsamic dressing & congee (rice porridge). Really, any kind of vegetable soup that’s homemade. I used to make Alton Brown’s Summer vegetable soup. Very filling & healthy due to all of the vegetables.
  • MelonSodaz
    MelonSodaz Posts: 26 Member
    Eggplant, mushrooms, carrots, cucumbers. I like grilling the eggplant with a little salt.
  • nuzziek
    nuzziek Posts: 69 Member
    Lots of steamed veggies.. especially beets! And cabbage stew. A big bowl of either leaves me stuffed.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,540 Member
    Grilled peppers, zucchini and red onions. Last night I ate 2 zucchini, 4 peppers and one red onion. 250 calories overall.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    a mixture of raw Jicama, red cabbage, and cucumbers. With maybe a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a mint leave shredded up. Or just chomp up the Jicama, need to buy one now.