How often do you lose weight

Options
kegan5
kegan5 Posts: 45 Member
Hello
I have learnt on here about calorie deficit, 3500 deficit = 1lb but I'm curious as to how often weight drops?

For example, I weigh myself every few days to track progress and wear the same thing weigh at same time on those days. I noticed my weight will stick at the same number for say 5 days then all of a sudden the scale will drop 1-2 lb depending.

It feels like my body holds on to the weight then releases it all of a sudden, the lost weight then stays off so it's not fluctuation I see that but in smaller lbs.

Just curious :D

Replies

• dianahajen1
    dianahajen1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I only get on the scale once a week.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and it's up or down everyday last week it was +0.6, - 0.8, - 1.4, - 0.8, +0.2, +2.4, - 1.2. Overall I'm down 1lb, it's quite fascinating really.
  • Cyberbartender
    Cyberbartender Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Never stand on the weigh daily. There are so many things influence on your weight. Sleep, workout, stress ect. If you want to be sure, that it is a stabil measure, you have to pick one day in the week. Have the same routine every time. Me I do it friday, in the morning after workout and bath. That gives me more accurate measuring. But still you cant count on it :)
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I use the Libra app. The daily fluctuations are fascinating.
  • kegan5
    kegan5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll take a look at the libra app and try to weigh myself weekly see what I notice
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    I weigh daily and it's up or down everyday last week it was +0.6, - 0.8, - 1.4, - 0.8, +0.2, +2.4, - 1.2. Overall I'm down 1lb, it's quite fascinating really.

I weigh every morning too, and I find it fascinating too. It’s really interesting to look back over a week or longer and see the correlation of what I’ve eaten (as opposed to how much). The obvious one is salt, of course, but I’m also seeing other patterns of correlation between specific foods and fluctuation changes.

My weight tends to fluctuate 1-2 lbs all the time, then I’ll suddenly drop another 2lbs, then regain over the next couple of days before settling to that new lower weight and it’ll start again with the upwards fluctuation before finding a new low.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Jackie9003 wrote: »

I weigh every morning too, and I find it fascinating too. It’s really interesting to look back over a week or longer and see the correlation of what I’ve eaten (as opposed to how much). The obvious one is salt, of course, but I’m also seeing other patterns of correlation between specific foods and fluctuation changes.

My weight tends to fluctuate 1-2 lbs all the time, then I’ll suddenly drop another 2lbs, then regain over the next couple of days before settling to that new lower weight and it’ll start again with the upwards fluctuation before finding a new low.

As I try to eat with a deficit and am rarely over maintenance I'm finding it's definitely what not quantity.
    Same with the new low, it's so annoying to see the new number to then jump back up the next day but having tracked for well over 12 months now I don't panic or worry about it, but most importantly I don't give up either.