Plateau in less than a month dieting - Disappointment

Options
I have started eating healthy and exercising for the last 25 days and following intermittent fasting, losing over 11lbs. I started with 221lbs went down to 208lbs last week and today I am at 209lbs. For a week I have lost nothing, and even gained weight! Even though I have been eating less than 1200 cal a day and exercising more than ever, no sweets, not a single cheat day. I have reached a plateau in less than a month and actually ended up gaining a pound!!
This week was indeed the last week of my birth control pills. However, I take birth control pills without pauses due to health issues. Which means that I will not bleed.
I am wondering what I have been doing wrong and what I could do to help myself with losing weight again. It's very disappointing when you put a lot of effort, but stop seeing results.

Anyone who went through the same and overcame this?

Please, help!

Replies

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Why are u eating less than 1200 cals a day? It's actually not good for your body or overall health.
    That aside weight fluctuates. Especially for women depending on your cycle. I can go 3 weeks bouncing around the same 2 lbs, then lose 3 overnight. This isn't a sprint, it 's a marathon if you want long term success. Enjoy the process and celebrate more than the scale to stay motivated. ( how your clothes fit, how you feel, getting faster/stronger)
  • denjan333
    denjan333 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Learn to be patient, my friend. Weight loss will never, ever be linear. Too many things can cause water weight gain, including sodium, carbs, your period, stress. One week does not a plateau make. If your weight hasn’t changed in 4-5 weeks, then it’s time to change something. Do not eat less than 1200 NET calories in a day, or you will cause health problems for yourself. If you use this app as intended, it will work. Be patient. Take a breath. If you do everything right, it works.
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You said you are eating less than 1200 calories and exercising more than ever..... You might not be fueling your body enough for all that exercise. You might want to reconsider your calorie intake and get in a minimum of 1200 calories.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    A plateau is generally considered something like 4-6+ weeks with no change on the scale while making no changes to your routine, so fortunately it doesn't sound like you've quite hit one yet. As others have said, a week without a loss is frustrating but it isn't cause for concern yet. You may be doing nothing wrong and changing up your routine a bunch can actually make the fluctuations worse.

Have you run across this article yet? http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/