Rice Protein Powder

Options
Has anyone tried?

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I use rice protein powder from time to time in my protein smoothies and some of my recipes.

It mixes well and I can't taste it in the items I use it in.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I'm sure I've used it. I did a lot of experimenting before settling on one barely flavored and one chocolate PP.

I prefer the taste of whey, and have no reason to avoid dairy.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,721 Member
    Options
    I use it once in a while. My main protein powder is Sunwarrior Warrior blend. I absolutely love it! Its a plant based protein combination.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,721 Member
    Options
    0cdsai4oerx9.jpg
    vtdb8hfry5os.jpg
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    Nope. But if the nutrition profile meets your needs, I guess there's no reason not to try it.

I mostly use plain whey isolate and plain partially defatted peanut flour (neither packaged or marketed as a protein powder) when I want to boost the protein in a smoothie or cereal.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    I use it once in a while. My main protein powder is Sunwarrior Warrior blend. I absolutely love it! Its a plant based protein combination.

Yes! I love Sunwarrior! :smiley:
  • Spawnkill69
    Spawnkill69 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I need a no sodium and low card protein shake and came across it
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Mine is a mix of rice and pea protein. Whey gives me gas. Tastes fine, mixes fine. Only sold in Australia tho the one I buy.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    They generally do blends for most plant based protein powders to create complete protein profiles. Rice alone would not be a complete protein, but that isn't necessarily a problem if you eat a balanced diet.
  • Spawnkill69
    Spawnkill69 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    Mine is a mix of rice and pea protein. Whey gives me gas. Tastes fine, mixes fine. Only sold in Australia tho the one I buy.

I agree but whey isolate I seem to keep coming back to, I'm pretty sure it's a superior product
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Whey and casein proteins are superior when it comes to protein powders. They generally have higher EAA content and have higher protein to calorie ratio. So more protein for the calories.

I only use whey. I found that haven't been a fan of anything else, albeit, i dont think i have tried rice.