What have you discovered that’s low in kilojoules, yet very satisfying?

SuperMotivated56
SuperMotivated56 Posts: 119 Member
edited September 2019 in Food and Nutrition
Mushrooms! 🍄😋

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Raw veggies.
    Green cabbage and radishes in particular. A lot of chewing satisfaction going on.
  • SuperMotivated56
    SuperMotivated56 Posts: 119 Member
    Do you add something to the raw cabbage to make it more palatable? 🥬
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    whole raw carrots
  • RedAbilty
    RedAbilty Posts: 15 Member
    Herbal teas 🍵💚
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member

That’s the thing, I just core it, wash it, and cut it in big chunks. My husband thinks it’s really weird. I really like it raw, dislike cooked cabbage and sauerkraut. You can eat a lot of raw cabbage and radishes for very few calories and it takes a while to eat.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Rocket/arugula
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member

That’s the thing, I just core it, wash it, and cut it in big chunks. My husband thinks it’s really weird. I really like it raw, dislike cooked cabbage and sauerkraut. You can eat a lot of raw cabbage and radishes for very few calories and it takes a while to eat.

I love raw cabbage, it's part of my lunch every day. Sometimes i shred it into the slaw, add a bit of broccoli, apples and use mustard and vinegar dressing on it. But i find that it's delicious in sauerkraut form, sauteed, grilled. So raw veggies for me too, raw beets, carrots, broccoli, celery, cauliflower, radishes.
  • Palm linguine. 60 calls for the whole can. I’m putting it in everything to make the meal more filling for the total calories.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Strawberries.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Strawberries, cantaloupe, and carrots are frequent choices for me when I want a snack but don't have many calories. If I'm not actually hungry but just want to eat something, I like having a dill pickle, as the intense flavour will satisfy my munchies.
  • Raw carrot, sugar snap peas, mushrooms, broccoli. Sometimes I make a carrot slaw which is just grated carrot with a mix of lemon juice, mustard and pinch of paprika. It's lovely and refreshing!
  • fremliner
    fremliner Posts: 4 Member
    Roasted squash! Carnival, kabocha, and buttercup especially because they're also sweet, but have a texture similar to a baked potato. So, so satisfying. Half of one is just under a hundred calories.
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Microwave sweet potatoes! And chopped salads with Skinny Girl dressing. I went thru a rutabaga phase, a cubed roasted rutabaga fills me up like a Thanksgiving dinner.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Big fresh salads with light balsamic dressing & congee (rice porridge). Really, any kind of vegetable soup that’s homemade. I used to make Alton Brown’s Summer vegetable soup. Very filling & healthy due to all of the vegetables.
  • MelonSodaz
    MelonSodaz Posts: 26 Member
    Eggplant, mushrooms, carrots, cucumbers. I like grilling the eggplant with a little salt.
  • nuzziek
    nuzziek Posts: 69 Member
    Lots of steamed veggies.. especially beets! And cabbage stew. A big bowl of either leaves me stuffed.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Grilled peppers, zucchini and red onions. Last night I ate 2 zucchini, 4 peppers and one red onion. 250 calories overall.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    a mixture of raw Jicama, red cabbage, and cucumbers. With maybe a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a mint leave shredded up. Or just chomp up the Jicama, need to buy one now.