Why am I not losing weight?

Options
I have been eating 1200 calories a day for 6 weeks and I haven’t lost any weight! I am so upset and I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. Any suggestions?

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Are you using a food scale? If not, you’re consuming more calories than think. If you are accurately weighing/measuring everything that you eat and drink , and not losing, you may want to check with your health care professional.
  • cali20120105
    cali20120105 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don’t use a scale so I’m sure I am off a bit. I am fairly active, and I’m trying really hard. I saw my dr and he seem to think my health is just fine.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I don’t use a scale so I’m sure I am off a bit. I am fairly active, and I’m trying really hard. I saw my dr and he seem to think my health is just fine.

Not using a scale is likely MOST the problem. Buy one, they are cheap and work!
  • cecitas2016
    cecitas2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is totally true, a food scale is what you need. It is super easy to make mistakes and not only in one ingredient but in all of them. I would also say to be careful about all those teeny-tiny finger food, sweets, chocolates that you might think they are not gonna impact in your program. Good luck! You can make it!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Easy fix then!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    I didn’t use a food scale at the beginning but after lots of people suggesting I use one, I went out and bought one. I was very shocked to learn that I had been eating much more than I thought I was. My estimations were way off. Using my food scale has been a real eye opener and weighing my food has helped me lose around 44lbs so far. I’d definitely recommend buying one.

Like this thread...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10697068/how-i-stopped-kidding-myself/p1
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 I could’ve written that myself, it’s so relatable. I used to love pasta but since I started weighing everything, I realised I had previously been eating pasta portions for 2-3 people! My portion sizes were way too much. As soon as I started weighing my food, that’s when I started to lose the pounds and inches. The kitchen scale is an awesome little tool 😁
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    A food scale is a great suggestion. I would also ask if you're using accurate entries in the database (there's unfortunately a lot of junk entries), not eating back to many exercise calories or to many cheat days. A food scale fixes a lot of things but it isn't a panacea. If you continue to have issues, opening your food diary for a bit might help people spot any additional problems.