New Here

Options
Hello guys and gals. My name is Michael, and I'm new to the forum. I have been using MFP and browsing for about a month or so. I am coming up on six months, as of September, 2, since changing my lifestyle. I started on March 2nd weighing 377lbs. As of today I am 303. For the first 5 months or so I really just changed my eating habits without counting calories. I knew about MFP even had the app but never used it. Now I use it everyday. It is really helping me keep track of things, because I was eating too few calories for awhile.

A little background about myself. I am 23 and became very lazy for the past 5 years since graduating high school. I used to play football, compete in shot put, and powerlift. I was in fairly decent shape then but still fat because I didn't watch my diet. On March, 2nd I decided to turn my life around. I was tired of looking at myself in the mirror, and tired of my clothes getting tighter and tighter. Every since then I have stayed on track and focused to lose the excess weight. I started by not really exercising much at all just watching what I ate. I am now on a routine and the weight is still coming off. I still have a long ways to go, but it's became habit now.

I'm down nearly 75lbs, but I haven't saw much change in the mirror. My body held the weight different then a lot of others, I am 6'7. Although my clothes are getting a lot bigger and people are noticing, it still doesn't look like I've lost this much weight, but I know the scale and tape doesn't lie. I'm hoping once I get to around 100lbs lost I will notice a more drastic change. I am just going to keep pushing on until I get to where I'm satisfied.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself, and say thanks for the motivation on this forum.

BigMike

Replies

• StaceeK1
    Options
    Hi Mike,

I am new too.... great job on ur weight loss :smile:
  • Violin11
    Violin11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi there, glad that you're here! I'm impressed that you've stuck with this for six months. I'm about a month and a half in and so far the change in my life has been great. I can't wait to hit the six month mark! Congratulations on already losing 75 lbs. I'm sure you'll see a difference soon. Feel free to add me if you would like. Good luck!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike! Congratulations to you!! What a great job you have done so far, it is great seeing that kind of motivation. Best of luck meeting your goals! :happy:
  • tsportygirl
    Options
    It always seems like I cant notice the weight I have lost either... I am 45 pounds down and I get people noticing as well, but it is hard to see where I have come from... BUT HOW DO YOU FEEL?? That's when I really started noticing is when I felt better... remember how good you feel and things you could barely do, or didnt want to do before.

Awesome job on the weight loss!!
  • teenyblnd2
    teenyblnd2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey, Mike!

Don't worry about seeing the clothes loosen up right away...it takes a good bit of time! because 75lbs......WOW! Great job! I understand about being athletic but never "in shape"...i played softball in college and high school and was surrounded by tiny girls for the longest time....I was never where I wanted to be. But at some point, I realized what I think you've realized....every pound is a pound healthier.

Keep working hard, and we'll do our best to keep you accountable!
  • Misdy
    Misdy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello and well done for making that leap into a new lifestyle. :wink:
  • BigMike915
    BigMike915 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the welcomes! It's great to be part of such a motivational group of people!!