How long do you keep wraps in the pantry for after opening

Options
I have a pack of “simons pantry whole grain large wraps”.
They have 8 in the packet. I realised on the back it said consume within 3 days. I can’t eat 8 wraps in 3 days haha.
Would you allow over the 3 days even if they looked & smelt fine?

Replies

• dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I never follow the mfg's dates on any thing as they are never accurate (well actually the date on milk is pretty accurate). When it comes to wraps we keep and eat them until we see the beginnings of mold - it's rather obvious when they are going to the bad side. As to other foods - ask yourself why a canned vegetables are only good for 2 years? I have home canned soups that are 4 years old and they are just as tasty as the day I ladled them into the jars.....
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    ^ This.
    I put them in a ziplock gallon freezer bag with a piece of plastic wrap between each individual wrap after I open them. They’re easier to get an individual wrap out when they are frozen with the plastic wrap between, and thaw very quickly.
  • vggb
    vggb Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I freeze mine because I buy them in large packages. I thaw a pack in the fridge and they will keep for up to 8 weeks. The flavor is good, no mold, no stale taste ever.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I keep mine in the fridge til they get either moldy or hard but freezing sounds like a better idea as I do freeze bread and only take out what I need,those "use by" after opening things confuse me stuff like almond milk which says 7 days? I could never use a whole carton in 7 days,same goes for coffee creamer cuz I only use a dash🤷
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    i use good ol fashioned common sense (i realize not everyone has this) with 'use by' dates.

tortillas (and most bread in general) keep a LONG time in my pantry (couple of weeks for tortillas, a week or so for bread) with no ill effects (mold/etc). I guess it depends on your home and temperature/humidity though. if i find i have an abundance of them (bought more not realizing i had some already), i will freeze them. my problem is that we dont eat a lot of them, so they go bad usually before we do (unless im making a batch of burritos or something).
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I keep mine in the fridge.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I'd throw them away or feed the pigeons with it.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I use Mission brand large and small tortillas as wraps. I also use Josephs lavash bread as wraps. I keep all in the fridge and they last for at least a month.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,071 Member
    Options
    ^ This.
    I put them in a ziplock gallon freezer bag with a piece of plastic wrap between each individual wrap after I open them. They’re easier to get an individual wrap out when they are frozen with the plastic wrap between, and thaw very quickly.

I do this, too. Works great.

I thaw them for a few seconds in the microwave if I need them very quickly (like 7-15 seconds: experiment). If you find that that dries them out, put a little water all over the frozen wrap (run it under the faucet quickly), then microwave on a plate with a large glass lid or inverted pie plate or something on top, to hold the moisture as it heats/steams.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Mine last for months in the fridge.
  • petrinaradford
    petrinaradford Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone