9/15: 10.25 miles
    9/17: 6.55 miles
    9/18: 6.26 miles
    9/19: 6.25 miles
    9/22: 10.05 miles
    9/24: 6.08 miles
    9/25: 5.52 miles

107.94/110 miles completed

I ran 5.52 miles this morning. It was a much better run than yesterday. It was warmer today at 77°F, Feels like 77°F, Humidity 72%, Dew point 67°F than yesterday's 72°F, Feels like 73°F, Humidity 90%, Dew point 69°F, but the lower humidity today really helped. It wasn't the best running weather ever, but it was an improvement and my run was a lot more enjoyable.

exercise.png

2019 races:
    2/2/19: Catch the Groundhog Half Marathon - PR 2:15:17
    5/18/19: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon - Cancelled due to weather
    10/5/19: Old Rip 5K

2020 races:
    5/16/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Beautiful early fall weather today. Unfortunately, I slept in and have a big assignment due today and people coming over this evening, so I'm not sure a run is going to happen. I'm going to try and work outside for a while, at least.

Okay! Thank you for the encouragement! Since my workouts consist of twenty minutes at home, six days a week, I run in the gym on Saturdays before I work out. I could set a goal for an additional run each week - outdoor. Then get signed up for some races and obstacle course runs (personal favorite).

Welcome! That sounds like a good place to start for sure. I've never done an obstacle course run but they sound like a ton of fun!
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Made me laugh! And think..hmmm :p Sounds like a lot of fun!
    @zeesparrow sorry of you loss
    @Camaramandy648 Welcome! Set whatever goals you like!
    @juliet3455 good luck with the Achilles

Did some speed intervals - 1min/1 rest x10, with 1 mile each warm up and cool down, total of a little over 4 miles.
    I need to do more of these I know if I want to increase my speed - They sure are tough though..
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    @zeesparrow I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.
    Welcome @Camaramandy648!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    zeesparrow wrote: »

My coworker and friend passed away last night. She was 50 years old.

This morning's run was for her. Fly free, my friend. You will be missed by so many.

So sorry for your loss. Such a young age.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @zeesparrow sorry for your loss.

@eleanorhawkins I remember you reporting on that race last year! Enjoy (men with big guns haha). I visited Malaga 10 years ago this month. Loved it! Was very hot lol

I've just woken up and can hear hail on the windows... Wonder if the gym dreadmill is working?
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @zeesparrow I somehow missed seeing your post. I’m so sorry for your loss.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    7.69 miles tonight

exercise.png
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @zeesparrow I somehow missed seeing your post. I’m so sorry for your loss.

I missed it too. So sorry to hear that. She was so young.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Ran 8km this morning, finally starting to feel human again following the gastro whatevertheheckitwas that knocked me out at the end of last week. It was supposed to be an easy pace but I kept thinking (and getting excited) about the race I'm signed up for on Friday evening and it ended up being a minimum HM race pace run. Oh well, just have to pray the legs don't hurt too much on Friday... might take them for a swim tomorrow instead of taking a rest day, I've started using the local indoor pool for cross training and it seems to be making my legs happy :-)

So yeah, this race is one I ran last year and REALLY enjoyed. It's organised by the Spanish National Police force, starts at 8pm and the route is along the waterfront in Málaga harbour. Think sea breeze, boats and people to watch, sunset and.... a police helicopter circling overhead the entire time making you feel like a baddie running away from the cops! Awesome way to make you go faster lol (and if you're female, or that way inclined, the muscular policemen you know are at the finish lines showing off big guns, sniffer dogs or police vehicles provides further motivation lol).
    Can you tell I'm looking forward to it at all?

September goal: 110km. Run so far: 104.14km..... had to miss a run last week but should still make it!

Ok, I really wanna do this race now too!
  • Lazy_Bones_85
    Lazy_Bones_85 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 I love this picture of her. She loves butter and knows enough to get in the sink while I’m eating my breakfast in the morning to lick the knife! She also
    loves bacon bits I put in my scrambled eggs.

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @zeesparrow - So young! 😢 It was so nice that you ran you in her memory. {{HUGS}}
    @Camaramandy648 - Welcome! Maybe you could run to/from the gym if it isn't too far from home?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @143tobe what a great story!