At the pointy end of a mammoth journey

Options
WildAmaryllis
WildAmaryllis Posts: 22 Member
edited September 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm Bev from the UK, I've lost a huge amount of weight (9 stone or 126lbs) and have just one more stone to lose to get to my goal weight. I'm here to encourage others as well as look for encouragement when the scales won't budge. I have recently started strength training so any advice or tips will be most welcome. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Replies

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Well done Bev, that is an amazing loss! Best of luck on losing the final stone.
  • WildAmaryllis
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    Well done Bev, that is an amazing loss! Best of luck on losing the final stone.

Thanks 🤗
  • slayer4611
    slayer4611 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Believe I’m done cutting. Now it’s time to bulk. Any suggestions?
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi - great job and you look wonderful! Your before photo may be similar to my starting weight, so I wanted to ask your height, and current weight if you are willing to share that (if not weight, then clothing size difference). Also, your weight loss method (I am low calorie), exercise throughout weight loss (if any) and of course, the issue of loose skin. Why do I fear loose skin so much?
    Lots of questions, because I find you inspirational and hope to end up looking like you. I have lost 35 pounds with another 65 or so to go.
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! 👏🏻 You should be very proud of yourself.
    Great accomplishment! 🌺
  • WildAmaryllis
    Options
    Pamela_Sue wrote: »
    Hi - great job and you look wonderful! Your before photo may be similar to my starting weight, so I wanted to ask your height, and current weight if you are willing to share that (if not weight, then clothing size difference). Also, your weight loss method (I am low calorie), exercise throughout weight loss (if any) and of course, the issue of loose skin. Why do I fear loose skin so much?
    Lots of questions, because I find you inspirational and hope to end up looking like you. I have lost 35 pounds with another 65 or so to go.

Hi Pamela, firstly, thank you for your kind comment. I am 5ft 5in tall and weighed in at 20st 11lbs (291lbs) at the start of my journey and I was a size UK26. I'm now 11st 9lbs (163lbs) and a size UK12. I followed weight watchers for the first 8 stone then switched to calorie counting. I want to lose another 14lbs but I am strength training now so the scales are not a priority at the moment. I started just by walking then went into swimming, cycling, cardio then strength. I exercise about 4 times a week but walk at least 10,000 steps every day. I do have loose skin but it is event distributed around my body so it doesn't look that bad, my arms are the worst, hence why I'm strength training to build up my triceps. Don't fear your loose skin, it really isn't that bad. I would take the loose skin over obesity any day. Loose skin won't harm you but obesity could 😊
  • WildAmaryllis
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! 👏🏻 You should be very proud of yourself.
    Great accomplishment! 🌺

Thank you 🤩
  • WildAmaryllis
    Options
    slayer4611 wrote: »
    Believe I’m done cutting. Now it’s time to bulk. Any suggestions?

I'm strength training myself. I have loose skin but the muscle definition is definitely improving how my skin looks. I also use bio oil and take gotu kola supplement to help condition my skin. I'm quite lucky really considering the amount I have lost. Good luck with the build.
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options

Hi Pamela, firstly, thank you for your kind comment. I am 5ft 5in tall and weighed in at 20st 11lbs (291lbs) at the start of my journey and I was a size UK26. I'm now 11st 9lbs (163lbs) and a size UK12. I followed weight watchers for the first 8 stone then switched to calorie counting. I want to lose another 14lbs but I am strength training now so the scales are not a priority at the moment. I started just by walking then went into swimming, cycling, cardio then strength. I exercise about 4 times a week but walk at least 10,000 steps every day. I do have loose skin but it is event distributed around my body so it doesn't look that bad, my arms are the worst, hence why I'm strength training to build up my triceps. Don't fear your loose skin, it really isn't that bad. I would take the loose skin over obesity any day. Loose skin won't harm you but obesity could 😊

Thanks SO much for the reply. I thought we might be similar in structure. I am 5'4" and your current weight is about where my goal is (will know more when I get there). I am older than you (age 60), and noticed my skin is not as smooth and resiliant as it used to be, so I do expect loose skin. I shall just have to live with it. I saw your photos on other threads and I shall copy them to my 'Inspiration' wall. So happy for you!!
  • WildAmaryllis
    Options

Thanks SO much for the reply. I thought we might be similar in structure. I am 5'4" and your current weight is about where my goal is (will know more when I get there). I am older than you (age 60), and noticed my skin is not as smooth and resiliant as it used to be, so I do expect loose skin. I shall just have to live with it. I saw your photos on other threads and I shall copy them to my 'Inspiration' wall. So happy for you!!

Aw, that's lovely. Thank you. I use bio oil on my skin to help with the look of it and take gotu kola supplement too. I am on Instagram too if you want to see more pics.