Newly Commited to MFP! Looking for friendly peeps to enjoy the journey with :)

Hello!

I am female, 25 years old, live alone with my cat, work an office job and go to school part time online for business. As of last week 2/21 I have committed myself to losing weight. I have always been a bit over weight, and last year I reached 200 lbs. (I am 5'8''), my highest ever weight. I started on 2/21 at 189 lbs. and am down to 183! My goal is around 140.

My plan for losing the weight is to restrict calories (1,500 or under), no food restrictions but try to do minimal grains and dairy, and work out 3 x per week. I joined some communities on reddit that have been really inspiring and along with the tools and community on MFP I think I can do this!!

Good luck to us all on our journeys!

Replies

• Bebekat
    Bebekat Posts: 2 Member
    Yes good luck to us all!

My plan is to watch my calorie intake 1200 calories-1500 calories and to walk 2-5 miles everyday and row on the lake two or three times a week. Goal for March is to meet all my Apple Watch fitness goals everyday. I want to get this weight off!

Go girl!!!
  • shabbygabbyyy
    shabbygabbyyy Posts: 5 Member
    I’m trying to lose 30-40 pounds, we can motivate each other!! Feel free to add me!
  • david_8307
    david_8307 Posts: 17 Member
    Great job on losing weight already! It’s definitely a journey!
  • Justn83
    Justn83 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Hey :)
  • peachvine29
    peachvine29 Posts: 400 Member
    edited September 2019
    Well guys, I did it!

1.5 years later and here are my results! I currently weigh 133 lbs., down from 183 when I made this post and from 200 at my highest weight. Still losing a few more but I am almost there.

I already made a success post but just thought it'd be cool to update my first ever MFP post.

Before (the bottom left pic was taken a couple days before this post):
    r4e6edtelmy6.png

After (top two are most recent, bottom two are from early summer):
    i43w4ek7q0h3.png
  • heyjude0225
    heyjude0225 Posts: 913 Member
    Well done! I am new here as of yesterday so feel freee to add me and kick me in the *kitten* to motivate me!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Nice job! 😊
  • T1G3RBL00D
    T1G3RBL00D Posts: 8 Member
    When i first read this i thought you said you live alone in your car, and i was like hey me too! Then i reread and saw it says cat, not car. I like cats, too. Add me if you want, I'm looking for new friends.
  • ro175
    ro175 Posts: 37 Member
    Awesome work! Feel free to add me
  • iJackieR711
    iJackieR711 Posts: 5 Member
    I had recently deleted my MFP account but I’m back. Would like to add friends to keep me motivated.