Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Rock 'n' Roll Arithmetic

Replies

• corinasue1143corinasue1143 Posts: 2,687Member Member Posts: 2,687Member Member
    Duo/song
    Small river and over/my song
  • RunTimerRunTimer Posts: 9,136Member Member Posts: 9,136Member Member
    Based on the strength of the clue I've got the Duo,...
    Brooks and Dunn
    ... but I'm swimming on the song. Bump
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Posts: 2,687Member Member Posts: 2,687Member Member
    A song originally written for me, or someone like me.
  • deckerpdeckerp Posts: 3,695Member Member Posts: 3,695Member Member
    I figured out the band all by myself, but have none in my library, so will likely not be able to come up with the song. With some investigation I may be able to find the proper one.
    Don’t know how to give a better clue without giving song. They are not known for singing this song. Was probably just a quick filler for an album. I’m a big fan and didn’t know they sang it, so I’m sure you would have to google it. I definitely know the song well, don’t know who wrote it, made it famous. I’m sure Vince sang it to his daughter.
    There’s also a movie, same name. Nothing to do with the song.
    Brooks and Dunn / My Maria?

I really like that song too and I have hear their version. B.W. Stevenson did it originally and I like his version, but theirs is good too.
    Brooks and Dunn - Corina, Corina
    @corinasue1143 Well duh. I didn't catch that at all. Here is something I just stumbled across on YouTube, but in the form of a math problem for us.

First crossover artist / Kansas town + electrical worker = [artist/song]

I didn't know that about this artist. He was a studio musician who played for Frank Sinatra, The Righteous Brothers, The Beach Boys, Jan and Dean, and many more.
    Well, if it’s who I think it is, I certainly didn’t know all that either. His family used to come through where I lived, chopping cotton, peanuts, picking peaches (uncles, I think. Folklore. I never met any of them)

More clues.

He was a country artist and regarded as a top guitar player. He died in 2017 after suffering from Alzheimer's disease.

The Kansas town starts with a "W". The song was written by Jimmy Webb.

More clues.

He was a country artist and regarded as a top guitar player. He died in 2017 after suffering from Alzheimer's disease.

The Kansas town starts with a "W". The song was written by Jimmy Webb.

Another clue.

The artist had a variety show in the 70s called "The Goodtime Hour". He was also the the celebrity host of the Los Angeles Open on the PGA Tour from 1971 to 1983.
    edited October 1
  • Mustang_SusieMustang_Susie Posts: 6,871Member Member Posts: 6,871Member Member
    Glen Campbell/ Wichita Lineman
    There ya go.
  • Mustang_SusieMustang_Susie Posts: 6,871Member Member Posts: 6,871Member Member
    Sweetheart I love/ Stevland Hardaway Morris

My cherie amour / Stevie Wonder
    RunTimer wrote: »

My cherie amour / Stevie Wonder

There you go :)

Title / Artist

Seasonal Urban Heat / Amorous Dose
    Hot Town Summer In The City / Lovin' Spoonful
    deckerp wrote: »
    Hot Town Summer In The City / Lovin' Spoonful