Music To Get You Motivated?

Options
What is your favorite music/band/or song to work out to? My ipod has everything from Elvis to Black Eyed Peas. Anything with a fast beat to keep me motivated and pumped!

Replies

• Giantess
    Giantess Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Daler Mendi, song is Tunak Tunak Tun. It was a funny internet meme for a while, and I have NO EARTHLY IDEA what the words mean or what he's saying, but that song has a beat moves my butt!

I dare anyone to jog to that and not increase their pace from pure exuberance.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Anything David Guetta makes is top notch in my book... though anything dance/techno related will get me moving.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I like rock, old skool rap-Run DMC, new pop like B Spears, old R&B, Michael Jackson, songs like Party Rock...I can go on and on and on....Hey if anyone has good bump it move your butt music hit me up. I need ideas too.
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I find metal music to be a great motivator. \w/
    I really like Imogen Heap too while at the gym.

Favourite groups to workout to; Tesseract, Karnivool, Opeth, Shihad or Periphery.
  • Robert824
    Options
    I have everything from Journey, Bret Micheals, various fast country, Bon Jovi, Ozzy Osbourne, I love all kinds of music!
  • sorrelduncan
    sorrelduncan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Pause (Zumba Mix) by Pitbull, Rock Your Body by Justin Timberlake, On the Floor by Jennifer Lopez, Funky Jesus Music by Toby Mac, Life by Beckah Shae, Whip My Hair by Willow, Gettin Jiggy With It by Will Smith
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Daler Mendi, song is Tunak Tunak Tun. It was a funny internet meme for a while, and I have NO EARTHLY IDEA what the words mean or what he's saying, but that song has a beat moves my butt!

I dare anyone to jog to that and not increase their pace from pure exuberance.

Had to go to YouTube and watch this video. Wow definitely has a beat! LOL.

Thanks for all the responses. I'm always looking for new music!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Britney Spears. *hangs head in shame*
  • brianward81
    Options
    I also don't mind a podcast to keep me sidetracked from the pain, Keith and The Girl is my favourite podcast.
  • joakool
    Options
    Britney Spears. *hangs head in shame*

Chin up, I have Miley Cyrus on mine! LOL.
  • joakool
    Options
    I find metal music to be a great motivator. \w/
    I really like Imogen Heap too while at the gym.

Favourite groups to workout to; Tesseract, Karnivool, Opeth, Shihad or Periphery.

I have never heard of these before. Am I that old or just that out of it?
  • brianward81
    Options
    It's hard rock/metal music mainly and not on the radio. I don't like the music on the radio, nothing new and exciting going on for my tastes. Karnivool are from my hometown of Perth, Western Australia and although they are "heavy", their vocalist is amazing. He is in another band called Birds of Tokyo which is more pop rock. Great stuff;

Birds of Tokyo - Plans
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSUPaTF-wN8

Imogen Heap is not metal music though; you may know the song Hide and Seek - it's accapella and the chrous was stolen for a Rhianna song I think).

Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=McDgDlnDX0Y
  • joakool
    Options
    Will check them out, Brian, and try to be more hip in the future. LOL :)
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I listen to a lot of industrial and some synth-pop stuff. Heavy bass, and fast beats gets me movin' and feeling pumped.
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Girl Talk! And some LMFAO, Lady Gaga and a few others. My "pop music" interest seems to creep up on me during workouts. It's the beat :)