Body by Vi 90 day challenge

Options
Okay, so my trainer was talking about the Body by Vi shakes, and he recommended that I try them. I was skeptical, because I generally don't believe in commercial weight-loss gimmicks (I'm an old-fashioned sweat-it-out kinda girl). After chatting with my hairstylist, who coincidentally happened to be drinking the shakes, I've decided to give them a try. My stylist raved about the program, and she's lost 12 pounds in the first month; she's not even working out, whereas I'm very dedicated to the gym. She also has all the other ladies working at the salon on the Vi shakes too. I figured I'd give it a shot since I drink a lot of protein shakes anyway. I started the shakes 3 days ago, and they are actually quite delicious; they taste like cake batter, and they really keep me full. I mix them with either skim milk or greek yogurt, and usually some sort of fruit, but you can drink them with water if you really want to cut calories. I officially started the 90 day challenge today, so we'll see how it goes from here :-)

Has anyone else done the Body by Vi challenge? Any good results?

Here is the link to the challenge website if you wanna check it out (or order some Vi shakes for yourself!)

http://JessicaGeorge.bodybyvi.com/

~Jess

Replies

• bmccrory2
    bmccrory2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump because I have a friend doing these as well and she has lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks. I wanted to see the responses here.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    My friends mom gave them to me for free! SHe didnt was them anymore xD They are delicious :]

I dont think they have some secret tho honestly... not worth the money
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    I posted a blog comparing that to Shakeology. I personally know someone who's father did it and sold it (hence the reason they promote it like the trainer guy) & he found out that it was artificially sweetened & was nothing like he had expected. There are hardly any solid amazing ingredients to be excited about in it. I wish everyone the best of luck in all their endeavors but I would not endorse the product myself. The shake I drink everyday is addicting and I cannot get enough of it. I have been drinking it 4 months now and it feels like the first time everytime I have one.
  • p_nutprincess
    p_nutprincess Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What shake do you drink now? Shakeology? What is that?
  • bearsfan68
    bearsfan68 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I drink whey protein shakes when I am in a hurry in the morning or when I don't feel like cooking. I think the shakes are wonderful as long as a person gets their calories in and eats healthy.

The other day there were some negative comments about BBV shakes and I think that they were given the wrong information. BBV does not suggest that people starve themselves. They suggest eating snacks in between meals and a healthy balanced meal in addition to the shakes.

I have only been on the shakes about a week but I am not new to protein shakes. I think that this is a great way to change thins up and kickstart your weight loss. Plus they claim that each shake has servings of fruits/veggies in them. I don't think that it is a long term thing though. Good luck to you!
  • bearsfan68
    bearsfan68 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I too learned that the shakes have sucralose (artificial sweetner) in them which was a bummer. Another reason that I will only do the shakes short term.
  • MikeBBerger
    Options
    I bought some to support a friend who is selling them. They taste ok (like cake mix), but there really isn't anything special to them. Their program suggests replacing one to two meals with the 90 cal per serving shakes - that's where the weight loss comes from. You could achieve the exact same results with other 90 cal nutritious meals/snacks.

I don't plan to follow the program, but I will use up the shake mix by replacing a snack here and there with them. At least they taste good.
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    Shakeology is by Beachbody. No artificial sweeteners. Its a meal replacement shake with 70+ super foods. I have been drinking it since April and my body feels the best its ever felt in my life, and I am not getting any younger!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Really no need for shakes at all, unless you are having trouble hitting your calories. just create a caloric deficit and you're good to go
  • ash1352
    ash1352 Posts: 9
    Options
    You are doing the Challenge? I was looking at that yesterday. I'm still thinking about it :)
  • anniecannie
    Options
    I am currently doing the challenge... and it is working for me!
  • jjkbolton
    Options
    I just ordered my 90 day challenge yesterday! Super excited! Cannot wait to get started. I want to lose 20 pounds! Good luck to everyone!