Setting goals

Options
I'd like to set a goal of losing 100lbs (96 actually) while training to do a 100mi bike ride, so 100 / 100. I'm trying to think of a catchy name for my goal, because what can I say, silly things like that help to motivate me. Any suggestions?

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Endurance training while losing weight can be tough, but not impossible. I trained for my first few half marathons while I was losing. You have to have a plan for dealing with the increased hunger that you might feel from training. Some people who aren’t tracking carefully wind up overeating after a long run/ride, so a good nutrition strategy is crucial. You may also notice that your athletic performance isn’t quite your best when you’re in a deficit.
  • RealWorldStrengthLLC
    RealWorldStrengthLLC Posts: 552 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about a name...that goal seems HUGE - it's ok to have an end goal in mind, but right now you might want to start small. Like 10 lbs and 10 miles.

It's easier to achieve a big goal if you break it up into many small goals. That way it doesn't seem so far away. Like I'm cutting right now, my end goal is about 210 - right now I want to see sub 230 before my payday next Friday.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I have heard 100 miles referred to as a Century Ride. So maybe my 100LB Century Ride???