When is gearing up necessary?

Options
2»

Replies

• RealWorldStrengthLLC
    RealWorldStrengthLLC Posts: 552 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @Keladelphia I've been lifting for approximately 8 years altogether, I'm about a year and a half back into it after a major depression where I quit lifting for 2 years and got fat. Like 300lbs fat. Currently sitting at 230 and cutting.

I know the issue-my form is pretty good...unless my ego gets in the way, or I just dont set up right (I do the strongman style sit down - roll the bar out, roll it into my shins and then pull with a good amount of momentum to give the bar some whip off the ground)...if I screw the roll out up, theres a fair chance I'm going to pull wrong and I should just stop and reset but I don't always do that (ego)
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    @Keladelphia I've been lifting for approximately 8 years altogether, I'm about a year and a half back into it after a major depression where I quit lifting for 2 years and got fat. Like 300lbs fat. Currently sitting at 230 and cutting.

I know the issue-my form is pretty good...unless my ego gets in the way, or I just dont set up right (I do the strongman style sit down - roll the bar out, roll it into my shins and then pull with a good amount of momentum to give the bar some whip off the ground)...if I screw the roll out up, theres a fair chance I'm going to pull wrong and I should just stop and reset but I don't always do that (ego)

Well I’m super stoked to hear that you’ve gotten back into lifting after a hiatus and congrats on the amazing loss! I too experienced a bad depression, stopped exercising and ballooned up to around 240 before losing 100 pounds.

It sounds like you know what your issue is with your back pain (getting tight in your setup by stopping and resetting) I just wanted to mention the belt thing since I’ve seen some people think that a belt is going to be a magic fix for pain at heavy loads. Keep crushing 💪🏼