Hello

Options
hello everyone my name is Linda. Im a 61 year old female originally from the greater Boston MA area however, 25 years ago I made the move to the Clearwater St Pete area of Florida
I am a type 2 diabetic who now has to use insulin to help control my diabetes and honestly I hate it. Doctors have told me and I know I have to lose the weight to get off the insulin and get control which is why I have joined this group.

Replies

• PTA4LYF
    PTA4LYF Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    hi im david 58 yrs young and i have currently lost 42 pounds i came of my diabetes medication on sept 9th and blood sugars have been normal now for 3 weeks please add me as a friend
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,360 Member
    Options
    Well done Davidvmy husband has been off his meds for a year by sorting out his diet and sleep patterns. Both of you can add me if you want I'm 56 but not diabetic myself just aiming to lose weight
  • nrs101364
    nrs101364 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm about to be 55. Started my journey 3 months ago. Brought A1C down to 5.3 in that short time. Still have a way to go but 43 pounds down and feeling great. All of you who are interested please add me. Am here for support . David sent you a FR :)
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,360 Member
    Options
    nrs101364 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm about to be 55. Started my journey 3 months ago. Brought A1C down to 5.3 in that short time. Still have a way to go but 43 pounds down and feeling great. All of you who are interested please add me. Am here for support . David sent you a FR :)

Well done sound like your doing really well. Great!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Buy a food scale. Weigh everything you eat and log into the food diary.

Good luck with your journey!