Ladies 5'5 and over.

Options
Hello to all the ladies 5'5 and over.. and to those who have at least reached their goal weight or have very LITTLE to lose.. what is your cal intake per day? How many times do you usually exercise within the week and what is your main source of exercising to keep from gaining weight back?

Replies

• BethGorton
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'6... Only about 3 pounds left to lose..

I eat about 1450 cals BEFORE exercise (yes, I eat my exercise calories back).

I exercise about 5-6 days a week, I do cardio (Zumba once a week, and running about 6km twice a week) and then focus on strength training on the other 2-3 days
  • tootsieanne
    tootsieanne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i try for 1200... sometimes i go over but im not really strict about it
  • GoddessAndraste
    Options
    I'm 5'6", and currently *under*weight, so I'm at 1850 cal per day, more when I workout. Workouts are 4-5 a week, cardio and strength training. Trying to get a little weight back, but my metabolism is pretty insane, so it's hard.
  • B_L_A_Z_I_A_N
    Options
    heyyy :)

I shoot for 1600/day for my maintenance...
    ummm I just stay active walking around and such... but today I jumped on the trampoline :D
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose body fat, not necessarily weight even though I know that I will lose pounds along with the fat...

That being said, I eat around 1500 calories per day.

I currently do 4 days per week of weight training working alternating body parts...yesterday I did chest and triceps, today is back and biceps, tomorrow is shoulders and abs, the next day is legs and calves. I'm currently not doing much cardio because my main focus right now is strengthening my muscles...when I get the strength I want, I will add in more cardio to cut more fat to let those strong muscles show more.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm 5'7" and am about 13lbs away from my goal. I have lost 42lbs so far. I eat about 1330 calories a day and workout about 5-6 times a week from and hour to two hours. I like the elliptical, and swimming for cardio. I do circuit, resistance training, and weights for muscle. I don't usually eat back my calories unless I am really hungry.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6'' and basically at my goal weight. I don't track calories so closely anymore, but on average I eat between 1800 and 2200 per day. I also exercise at least 6 times a week. I'm doing P90x right now, but I also do HIIT, running, biking, rock climbing, hiking and Bodyrock workouts as well. Yes, I'm super active. When I finish P90x I'm going to start on the New Rules of Lifting for Women program
  • lisab64
    lisab64 Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm 5'7" tall (47 years old) and hit my goal (145) in April. I am currently averaging just over 2000 calories day and have lost 6 pounds since hitting my goal (I'm sure I'll find them come winter). I am fairly active during the day (have farm animals that I take care of) and for exercise I walk 5 or 6 days a week (average over 25 miles/week at over 5mph).
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and on 1200 a day. I'm already slim, I just have a couple of lbs I'd like to lose.
    I exercise 3 or 4 times a week, although occasionally more.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i am 5ft5, and currently working up my maintenance cals. this week i am on 1600 plus my exercise cals, and i work out about 5 times per week burning between 2-300 cals. i do a mixture of cardio & strength.

next week i will try 1700 and see what happens. mfp says my maintenance is 1620, but a lot of people say that this is a very low estimate.