Sexy in Six Week 2 ***closed group***

Options

Replies

• messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    COME ON PINK TEAM WE NEED TO STEP UP OUR GAME. This is a challenge and I am in it to WIN IT. I busted my but off last week and I hope this week we can move up on the totem pole. Congrats to everyone with losses this week!!! On my team or not you're inspiring. And this challenge was just what I need. With that being said:

QOTD: So we all know we're all here to lose weight and we all said why we want to lose the weight, but how did you get to the point where you realized you had to do something about it and what made you realize this??

I knew I had to lose some weight, but I think sometimes when we look in our mirrors dressed in out best clothes, hair done, make up done, mirror titled and all. We lie to our selves. Or our mirror does lol. I was telling myself I was just a bit chubby for 2 years lmao. I never let anyone take full body pics of me. And I had to get to my absolute worst to say enough is enough. I realized when I was looking at pictures of myself from Christmas. The only time I let people take pictures in almost 2 years. And I was like "OMG, I look like a mac truck"!!! And I did. That was it, that moment right here. I got off my a*s, into the kitchen. I threw all the garbage out with the exception of snackies for my son. Went to the mall, bought a treadmill. Signed up on Spark People at the time. And made a schedule so I never had an excuse to not work out, since I ALWAYS seemed to have one. I pre-made healthy meals, and frooze them. Nw I never had an excuse to not eat healthy either. That's what I did then and am still doing. But I no longer use the treadmill everyday and instead go to the gym!!
  • NicholeAJ
    Options
    I've got the Monday QOTD: So we all know we're all here to lose weight and we all said why we want to lose the weight, but how did you get to the point where you realized you had to do something about it and what made you realize this??

When the 16W were getting too tight, and just walking around and doing simple tasks became uncomfortable!
  • tjutrostina
    tjutrostina Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to look good for my wedding day at first, but hadn't realized how fat I was until I saw my current photos and compared them to my old ones. DEPRESSING. And back then, I thought I was really fat...now I'm 50% bigger than that! On top of that, a colleague just makes fun of my weight day in and day out. Tho I laughed abt it, it was really hurtful, and I didn't want to be the fat kid in the office. I got made fun of at a run too, and I felt ashamed of my size and how I've gone out of control. So, that's it! I'm going to shut these people up for good. So, though I signed up with MFP a long way back, it's only in the last month or so that I've stuck n this has been the best solution for me!
  • klyvers512
    klyvers512 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Monday QOTD: So we all know we're all here to lose weight and we all said why we want to lose the weight, but how did you get to the point where you realized you had to do something about it and what made you realize this??

After having my daughter, I realized I needed to step up my game and lose some weight. The "just had a baby" excuse worked for awhile...but she's 2 now. I didn't JUST have a baby. I tried to diet while breastfeeding...and it backfired, my supply dropped and I decided my daughter's nutrition was more important than me losing weight. She still nurses now, but she gets a lot of solids now too as we near the weaning process.

It's time for me to do this for myself...because no one else will do it for me. Time to love me again!
  • j99li
    j99li Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Monday QOTD: So we all know we're all here to lose weight and we all said why we want to lose the weight, but how did you get to the point where you realized you had to do something about it and what made you realize this??

I realized that I had to buy new clothes as I couldnt fit in most of my old clothes. Also, when I went out, nothing would fit me :( When I had to go shopping for work clothes, nothing would fit and then I finally found a pair of pants that were a bit stretchy and fit me properly, however, when I looked at the size of the pants, it shocked me so much to see myself in a size 16. I knew I was gaining weight but I never knew how much until then.
  • almille
    almille Posts: 89
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD: We all have challenging days. What is your favorite trick to get your impulses under control? How do you put down the snacks and get yourself off the couch?

My favorite trick is to put the decision off until a stronger moment. For example, if I'm craving sweets during the day I tell myself I can have it after a good workout (when I'm usually less tempted). I also tell myself that if I get to the gym I really only have to walk for a while, but once I get there I end up getting a good workout in.

Happy Tuesday!
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

There was never really a point in which I decided I needed to lose weight. I have been an athlete since I was 5 all the way through college so keeping my weight and fitness in check were always on my mind. I was never one of the really skinny girls but I played defensive positions in soccer so I needed to be able to be quick but still sustain a hit. My family and I all compete at wakeboarding so I was always in a bikini, always on a boat. :glasses:
    For most of my adult life I have hung around 150-155. The last few years I hung around 155 more and more. When I left for vet school that was the point I let my nutrition slip. I joined a gym when I got down here to try and stay in shape, however my friends loved to cook and have everyone over and eat. It was so much fun and we kind of got in the habit of having almost an entire package of Oreos when we sat downs to study, and we studied EVERY night. So on top of my friends good cooking and my newly indulged (not newly found because I already knew ) addiction to Oreos.
    By the end of my first semester when I went home for Christmas I weighed 158lbs. The weird part was I was happy, confident, and for once didn't give a crap about what people said… even more surprising no one said anything. In all honesty I just looked a little bigger, not obese, not even really overweight just less toned and bigger. I let myself eat what I wanted, however much fast food I wanted… it was game on with food. I reached 162 lbs and while I wasn't shocked I was disappointed I had let myself do that.:grumble: So I just went back to the routine of watching what I eat and exercising and now I'm down to 150. This is the point where I have to increase my workouts and really put time to shed the last bit of weight. The smallest I've ever been in my adult life is 142 (acheived by 2 hour workouts/day and 1000 calories and less than 20g of fat. :embarassed: NOT HEALTHY) and I'm bound and determined to get there the healthy and sustainable way…. And even if I don't get there with weight I am going to look as though I have gotten their with my muscling and tone.

Those of you who have really made a life change and are losing weight are truly inspirations. The willpower you show everyday makes me push myself and demand greatness as opposed to mediocricty.:drinker:

P.S. I think I only drink 8 glasses of water a week, maybe:ohwell: ..... So I'm a little over halfway there today but this is going to be one of the hardest challenges for me. But I'm determined to show even half the amount of will power that you ladies show everyday and drink my water!
  • kristyann86
    kristyann86 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    MONDAY QOTD: TURNING POINT

the school i teach at was starting a weightloss challenge this past january and bringing a cash prize into it. i didn't realize i was at 173 when they recorded my starting weight. so i had to do something and found mfp on my smart phone when looking for a calorie counter.

TUESDAY QOTD: FAVORITE TRICK

i've realized that this isn't just a fad diet, it's a lifestyle change and i find myself desperately clinging to my old ways some days. so when that happens i ask myself, "kristy?" "do you wanna exercise more? or eat less of your correctly portioned meals?"

this usually makes me rethink what i'm wanting: junk food or not wanting to exercise. so it usually evens out. i like being able to eat my favorite foods in correct portions when i'm not wanting the healthy choice. some days i don't have a problem following my routine.
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I've got the Monday QOTD: So we all know we're all here to lose weight and we all said why we want to lose the weight, but how did you get to the point where you realized you had to do something about it and what made you realize this??

I got to this point when my clothes got so terribly tight. I knew I would have to buy a larger size. I refused to do that because
    (1) I'm too cheap
    (2) I knew If I went up one size bigger what would keep me from going up another, and another?

I wasn't going to let that happen.

My favorite Trick (Tuesdays Question)
    Sometimes I want to snack before bed. i get online and come here and then brush my teeth. Helps most of the time!
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options

I recently saw a picture of myself that one of my sister-in-laws posted on facebook. I was holding my brother-in-law's baby...and I looked to myself like I'd just had the baby! Maybe it was a combination of the angle or the pants or whatever...but I looked huge. I then went through a time where I didn't want to be seen by anyone, and an upcoming family visit would always make me nervous because I felt like people would see me as the "fat relative." At that point, I decided to stop running from it and start doing something about it. I've been up and down, mostly due to my crazy life, but if this weekend is any indicator I think I can have a crazy life and still keep close to the calorie goals. Now just to switch back to the healthy stuff tomorrow!
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD:

I don't cut anything out of my diet...however, when I'm having one of THOSE days, I abide by my rule of drinking my water and eating my healthy foods first, then re evaluate why I want "junk" or why I don't want to workout. If it's the pain, then it's the pain, and sometimes I give myself a pass, but I use my scheduled rest day as a workout day. If it's just laziness or I'm feeling down, I just old fashioned force myself to do it....keeping in mind that I may need to use one of my workout days as a rest day bc of pain. Luckily I'm quite stubborn and it's easy for me to talk myself into doing things I need to do bc I refuse to let this stuff get the best of me anymore!!
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD: We all have challenging days. What is your favorite trick to get your impulses under control? How do you put down the snacks and get yourself off the couch?

I talk myself out of it. I turn what I want to eat into how many minutes of exercise it would be, and it always works, The worst thing that happens to me is on Friday's when I go grocery shopping. I always come home really late and sometimes I give in and get fast food because I am starving and tired after a long day and wanna eat. Soo I make a crock pot meals and then I have no excuse. As for getting off the couch I have a 2 year old so it's more like when can I get on the couch lol.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

I have to admit, I am terrible at working out. That said, one of my tricks (and most of the time, I really do have to trick myself into it!) is to change into my workout clothes. If it's a Saturday, I try to change into my workout clothes as soon as I get home. If I am feeling really motivated, I change into them as soon as I get home on work days. That doesn't happen often though because I am always stressed out.

My other favorite trick is planning. I decide on my breakfast, lunch, and snacks the night before. That keeps me from wanting to snack throughout the day. In fact, I find myself really looking forward to my planned snacks.
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options

Well whenever I want to snack...i drink a glass of water. I also look at my total calorie count for the day to see how a snack will affect my next meal. And the thing that gets me moving...is I want to lose weight. I know its not gonna come off if I just sit here
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Honestly I don't "snap out of it" often enough! But if I'm having a crap food day, I make sure I log it all, because seeing it all add up and all those little red numbers give me a case of the guilties.
  • codonnell13
    codonnell13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

I have been sick of my weight for a long time, but after recently starting college, I decided that I wasn't going to spend the rest of my life being overweight. It wasn't one moment, more like a realization that I really can do something about the discontent I had with my body.

I am super busy, which totally helps. A normal day has me waking up at around 7 and not getting home until about 6, and to be honest, that really helps me. When I get cravings, it's bad, but I try not to deprive myself. In the past, that usually just ends with me eating a lot of whatever I want later on in the day. This may sound crazy, but a tablespoon of plain marshmallow fluff satisfies my sweet tooth for only 20 calories.
  • Honey1990
    Options
    We had a reading day at work for the kids and i decided to join. So when the pictures from the event went up a couple of weeks later i was looking at them and couldnt find myself in them anywhere, and then i noticed this bigger lady that i hadnt seen that day in some of the pictures and the closer i looked i realized that it was me and that i was a huge person..... it was a deffinate wake up call.
  • Honey1990
    Options
    I dont have any tricks. lol. Some days i just need to sit on the couch and eat whats unhealthy for me. It helps me focus the rest of the week because i want to burn the extra calories that i took in so that motivates me to exercise the rest of the week.
  • Soon2BMrsRamos
    Options

Sorry a little late...

I realized I needed to lose weight when I went to the doctor in April. My cholesterol was 230, b/p was borderline hypertension, and I saw the scale hit 208 lbs. That was my real eye opener. I am 23 and about to be on two medications if I don't do something about it.
  • Soon2BMrsRamos
    Options

I can't say much about getting my impulses under control exactly. I am a firm believer in anything in moderation(obviously not strictly junk food) but if I want something I'll eat it in a smaller portion. I get myself off the couch because I absolutely <3 zumba!!!!! I walk at least 6 miles the 3 nights I work ( night RN) and 3 other days I do zumba.