What do you do to unplug?

Options

Replies

• cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    I tried knitting. Epic fail. 😞

It's no joke. Watched my grandmother for years as a kid and was like "Yeah, ok.....". I'm a programmer by trade but she was working that thread like nobody's business and I sometimes couldn't follow her if I tried to even watch to see her method.

It's a skill, there's no doubt, but I'm sure you could do it. 😀
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Reading, listening to music (live or otherwise), play with my kitties, talk with my husband
  • melissawill2017
    melissawill2017 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I like to go for long hikes, listen to music really loud, & have some edibles
  • cdubks88
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    Reading, listening to music (live or otherwise), play with my kitties, talk with my husband

I'm self-admittedly not a big reader, so props to you and all who are.

Love going to concerts....just took the kids to the 8 yr-old's first concert.....Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Three Days Grace......it was fantastic.

Really glad to hear your last one......that's an awesome thing to have.

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    the last time I unplugged & relaxed was 1993.
  • cdubks88
    Options

Nice. Don't have as many spots hear to hike......

Glad to hear I'm not alone on the loud music. Was working last week remoteand was at home by myself......had my entire first floor shaking. It was awesome. 😎🤘😎
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Walking in the woods..
  • cdubks88
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Man, that sucks. 🤣😂
  • cdubks88
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »
    Walking in the woods..

Those are so great......love to vacay in Colorado and do that kind of thing.....
  • melissawill2017
    melissawill2017 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    cdubks88 wrote: »

Glad to hear I'm not alone on the loud music. Was working last week remoteand was at home by myself......had my entire first floor shaking. It was awesome. 😎🤘😎

Nothing like hiking a hard trail! Gets the blood flowing, heart racing, invigorating!!

I’m obsessed with music!! I have it on about 75% of the time! The louder the better- that way you can actually feel it..lol...
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    List time!
    • Crochet
    • Knit
    • Play Magic Arena (card game)
    • Read a book
    • Netflix and chill (in the literal sense, not in the weird Millennial lingo sense)
    • Rarely, I draw.

Wow! That's a great list. I know several that crochet. It's pretty amazing to see what they create.....and knitting, that's kind of other level to me.

Glad to hear there are still many who pass that on. Good for you!

Oh, and what's Magic Arena?

It's the online component for Magic: the Gathering, a trading card game that's been around since 1993.
  • lx1x
    Options
    Walking in the woods..

Those are so great......love to vacay in Colorado and do that kind of thing.....

Nice..

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Man, that sucks.

*shrug

it's my comfort zone

giphy.gif

• cdubks88
    Options

Nothing like hiking a hard trail! Gets the blood flowing, heart racing, invigorating!!

I’m obsessed with music!! I have it on about 75% of the time! The louder the better- that way you can actually feel it..lol...

Right! Saw Breaking Benjamin in a small venue in the city......it was awesome. Bass drum hit so hard I could feel it deep in my chest. Fantastic! 😎🤘😎
  • cdubks88
    Options
    List time!
    • Crochet
    • Knit
    • Play Magic Arena (card game)
    • Read a book
    • Netflix and chill (in the literal sense, not in the weird Millennial lingo sense)
    • Rarely, I draw.

Wow! That's a great list. I know several that crochet. It's pretty amazing to see what they create.....and knitting, that's kind of other level to me.

Glad to hear there are still many who pass that on. Good for you!

Oh, and what's Magic Arena?

It's the online component for Magic: the Gathering, a trading card game that's been around since 1993.

Nice. 😁
  • cdubks88
    Options
    I make pastries in my kitchen.

Which is also why I’m still here.

Man, I love to cook, but I can't make stuff like that. I'm convinced it's truly an art.

Fantastic!
  • cdubks88
    Options
    once upon a time...filled my car with gas...just drove for hours.. stayed in a motel near a nice beach.. next day... Drove back and took the scenic route..

Oh wow.....I can relate to this so much.

Hwy 1/PCH in Cali was always a bucket list for me being from the midwest. Got to do it twice. It was incredible and unbelievably relaxing.
  • lx1x
    Options
    once upon a time...filled my car with gas...just drove for hours.. stayed in a motel near a nice beach.. next day... Drove back and took the scenic route..

Oh wow.....I can relate to this so much.

Hwy 1/PCH in Cali was always a bucket list for me being from the midwest. Got to do it twice. It was incredible and unbelievably relaxing.

I'm on the east side of the states..it was fun and relaxing.. from northern Virginia/DC area .. drove toward east to Ocean City Md.. drove along the coast...rode a ferry ended in Cape May.... nice quaint old town..

Almost did drove the west coastline.. visited/flew to San fran for couple days.
    Rented a car ..ended driving west to Yosemite park instead.. stayed over night and drive back to San fran then flew back the following day.