To the people who have completed or doing 30DS

Options
Did you do any extra cardio and strength?
How many calories per day did you go by?

Replies

• achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    :heart: i am doing it, today will be L1D9....i still do an additional 40-45 min. of cardio...i try to do an hour a day, 5-6 days a week....
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I did extra cardio when I did it. 30-50 minutes 2-3 times a week. I burned around 500 calories doing the Shred, and I was 50 pounds heavier..now I burn around 300 doing it.
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It depends on your weight - I fluctuate between 125-130lbs and I burn about 190 cals doing shred. Log it under circuit training - what it came up with was very close to my HRM so pretty accurate :-)
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on Level 2 of 30DS and I also do Zumba and walking.
  • kritty123
    Options
    I am currently on Level 2, Day 5 of the Shred and I also do 50 minutes of Zumba Cardio Party everyday and alternate walking everday between 1 mile to up to 4 miles everyday as well :) HTH!
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Will be day 8 and starting L2 today. With L1 I've been burning about 290 calories. I try to get in more cardio and abs at the end of L1 I still want more.

Either way, it's a big improvement from not exercising at all except long (10+ miles) bicycle rides.
  • runninglol
    runninglol Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    30DS was my first stab at working out so I did not do any extra cardio. I used it to build a habit of daily exercise, which it did. I shrank in the process =)
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I do cardio for 30-40 mins everyday regardless of the 30ds I do.
  • Stumbleine
    Stumbleine Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be my last day of 30DS. I did no extra cardio/strength. On average I would burn anywhere from 225-285 calories, depending on the level and intensity I put forward.

I've had pretty good results even though I had to do the beginner's modification on many of the moves. I think I've lost about 6 lbs. total. I'll be doing my final weigh in and measurements tomorrow!
  • HelenLRoss
    Options
    I am on level 3 day 1 of the 30 DS and as a general dont do any extra cardio with it apart from once week when i do my swimming training. I tend to burn around 200 cals doing 30 day shred and I have loast 6lbs and a couple of inches off my waist already. I started doing 30 DS partly to keep up my fitness over the summer when my swimming team dont train. I liked it cos i could fit it in around my job and my kids! x