Mission Slimpossible Group - start sept 2.nd

Options
Hi everyone

Starting a fresh topic -moving over from the " ramadan-fasting group " . We have a month of no- regular exercise-sleep or food behind us. For me it started out good but it turned later in a food-disaster. After the celebrations- ( eid ) .. i'm planning to do 6 more days of voluntary fast ( shawal ) - and after that it's on.
I'm planing to start it off with a one week detox. I feel i need it.

Just watched Dr oz. show and he mentioned following tips :

- Best time of the day to :

- weigh yourself - 6:30 ( or as soon as you wake up /go to bathroom )
- to exercise - 6:35 ( before breakfast- this way you are going straigth to the fat reserves, if you have brkfst. than you have to burn the breakfast off first
eat breakfast 7.30 - or one hour after you wake up ! ( not 2-3 hours later your body needs a healthy start )
- have an ice cold cup of water in the morning
- take your metabolisam booster in the morning/ probably the vitamins and supplements as well
- have your lunch by 1 pm
- have the dinner at 6 :30 - ( or 3 hours earlier than going to bed )
- take a fiber supplement 15 minutes BEFORE dinner - every day one glass of water with fiber supplement- it will fill you up and you will eat less.

these are just some basic tips that we could start doing if we have not yet.

How to detox ?

On his show they suggested to go for one week - all veggies- - lots of water / fruits

by veggies they mentioned the cruciferous veggies ( radishes/ broccoli/cauliflower/ cabbage ) - a lot " onion " family as well
leeks, onions, chives they help with the detox
a lot of darker colored fruits - they showed cherries / kiwi etc.., ( not banans )

i have some great books and recipes on healthy food, detox, healthy shakes etc - i can type some of them here if you are interessted.

But first let's see who is joining the group and what are your plans for month of sept .

Replies

• LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    first of all, :heart: the name of this challenge!

second of all, count me in! I need a challenge that

challenges me in new and amazing ways

& this sounds like the perfect one:bigsmile:

I already eat well (most of the time), it's just that lately

I have been doing some cheating here and there

and it has been affecting my judgement and also

wreaking havok on my willpower:sad: I have a 4 day vacation

back on the 5th so I will plan to start then. I hope you don't mind that

I can't start on the 2nd. If so, I understand. Please consider me

for this challenge:flowerforyou: Thanks!
  • AakifahSiebert
    Options
    Asalaamu alaikum sis....I don't know if I'll do the six days of shawal yet (depends on TOM).

But, I will def join in on this group for the month of Sept.
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join- I've recently gotten back into the swing of things and have the month of Sept to focus on eating well and working out before my life gets crazy in October. I feel like if I am on a solid path and have seen some results, I'll be more inclined to make better choices in Oct. while I'm traveling... So, please let me know what to do:flowerforyou:
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Asalaamu alaikum sis....I don't know if I'll do the six days of shawal yet (depends on TOM).

But, I will def join in on this group for the month of Sept.
    Its not compulsory to fast 2 to 7 of shawal and consecutively u can fast any day non consecutively but in shawal if confused do consult Islamic center thts what I heard and confirmed with 2
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My plan this month
    Log my cals
    zig zag cals
    at least 8 glasses of water
    Eat slowly
    Water first thing in the morning - good for detox

And guys honey+ water is much more good thing then maple syrup+lime juice+ cayyene pepper what ppl take for detox
  • Babalaila
    Options
    Just went thru your ramadan thread...was very happy to see a lot of people had the same aims in ramadan as me. In Dubai we were lucky, as we work only 6 hours, and I could work out atleast 90 mins before Iftar. Lost 4 kilos, and toned up a bit. Plus acted as a personal trainer to my bro from the states...

Yalla, september...Another 6 kilos to reach my goal.
  • chrisc31
    chrisc31 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'll be here! But as I mentioned in the other thread, I'll be going on vacation 9/2-9/10. So I'll start fresh on Monday 9/12. But I will still be logging as best I can and I'm taking my HRM to use while walking and whatever else we do. I really need to pull it back together. I've found myself thinking "oh a bite of this and a bite of that won't hurt..." where I used to log EVERYTHING that went in my mouth....including gum!
  • daad13
    daad13 Posts: 68
    Options
    Hello guys! Eid Mubarak to anyone celebrating it today :)
    I'm in! I start school in exactly a week and I've been doing okay lately but I have a similar problem to Chris's where in I think oh just a teaspoon of this wouldn't make a difference etc... and I think I should focus more on real food and snacks rather than mindless eating. I'm anxious about having to go back to school and maybe being tempted to not eat well ago because I've been eating the best I have in years this summer and I really don't want to go back to junk. I'm planning to pack my lunch myself (waking up the extra 15 mins early to wouldn't hurt).
    Definitely need more water in me! I notice that I only drink 2 to 3 bottles while at school which isn't really enough and I've never tried water with honey but I will. How many times a day are you supposed to drink that?
    Also, if anyone is interested I was thinking of starting a "wake up 15 mins earlier to stretch/do yoga" challenge. It's not exactly a burn but I've heard doing so will really wake you up to great start to your day and push you to make the right choices that day.
    Good luck everyone!
  • Ramitta
    Ramitta Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Eid Mubarak everyone ...What a great challenge, I will start with you guys starting Sep 12th Inshallah because my in-laws are coming to visit this Friday and staying for 10 days so diet will be out ...
    Won't be able to do the all veg/fruit week, I don't think I have the stamina for it lol
    But love the steps you mentioned before that and will endeavour to follow them
    Thanks again for a great thread, and please feel free to add me everyone, the more the merrier :) x
  • hunny73
    hunny73 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Starting a fresh topic -moving over from the " ramadan-fasting group " . We have a month of no- regular exercise-sleep or food behind us. For me it started out good but it turned later in a food-disaster. After the celebrations- ( eid ) .. i'm planning to do 6 more days of voluntary fast ( shawal ) - and after that it's on.
    I'm planing to start it off with a one week detox. I feel i need it.

Just watched Dr oz. show and he mentioned following tips :

- Best time of the day to :

- weigh yourself - 6:30 ( or as soon as you wake up /go to bathroom )
    - to exercise - 6:35 ( before breakfast- this way you are going straigth to the fat reserves, if you have brkfst. than you have to burn the breakfast off first
    eat breakfast 7.30 - or one hour after you wake up ! ( not 2-3 hours later your body needs a healthy start )
    - have an ice cold cup of water in the morning
    - take your metabolisam booster in the morning/ probably the vitamins and supplements as well
    - have your lunch by 1 pm
    - have the dinner at 6 :30 - ( or 3 hours earlier than going to bed )
    - take a fiber supplement 15 minutes BEFORE dinner - every day one glass of water with fiber supplement- it will fill you up and you will eat less.

these are just some basic tips that we could start doing if we have not yet.

How to detox ?

On his show they suggested to go for one week - all veggies- - lots of water / fruits

by veggies they mentioned the cruciferous veggies ( radishes/ broccoli/cauliflower/ cabbage ) - a lot " onion " family as well
    leeks, onions, chives they help with the detox
    a lot of darker colored fruits - they showed cherries / kiwi etc.., ( not banans )

i have some great books and recipes on healthy food, detox, healthy shakes etc - i can type some of them here if you are interessted.

But first let's see who is joining the group and what are your plans for month of sept .

[I'm defiately in!! I was thinking of doing the cabbage soup diet to get back into the swing of things anyway and would be interested in seeing some Yummy Veggie recipes. By the way. I'm not quite sure how to use this quote thingy. Sorry!]
  • Shaz_74
    Shaz_74 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join :)
    Once the kids go back to school (Sept. 10) I'll be starting the 17-Day Diet, Cycle 1. It's very low carb/low cal, but I need that kick start.
  • thinthought
    thinthought Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! Eid Mubarak to those who are coming over from the Ramadan thread--
    Goals for September--
    -Make up missed fasts, and do the six days of Shawaal
    -Lose 8lbs (seems ambitious)
    -Finish the 30DS
    -Work out daily
    -Log my calories,
    -Take my vitamins
    -Read a book

can't wait to see what everyone else is aspiring to do!
  • AakifahSiebert
    Options
    My goals for Sept:

-Fast the six days of Shawaal
    -Stay away from soda (I'm thinking maybe allowing myself one a week...what do you all think?)
    -Work out (elliptical; jump rope) at the gym every Monday, and Wed...and hopefully Thurs.
    -Work out at home Tues, Fri and Sat (mostly abs and other muscle strengthening)
    -Lose 5-10 lbs.
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My goals for sept would be :

1. fast 6 days of shawwal
    2. workout at least 5 x a week for minimum of 700 klcs burned each time
    3. log my food every day
    4. try to stick to my orig. kcls and not use any workout kcls
    5. limit carbs !!! ( this is so hard for me )

i have been sick for the past 2 days- not any better today either.. so working out is not going to happen -yet.. i can hardly get up without getting dizzy and feeling pain in head.. sore throat.. etc..
    but i can start with my food -

I thought we can make a 1-2 weeks goal of detoxing
    and another 1-2 weeks trying not to eat any exercise caloires and see what happens. Just sticking to your orig. budget- and n matter how much you work out - try not to eat any of them .. 0k if you burn 1000+ kcls.. than maybe a 100-200 is fine to eat back but not more..

just to keep it active and to give us things to focus on.

If anyone has started a detox yet- please let us know- how /what are you doing - how was day one- day two etc.. share :)
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    Hey Ladies,
    Awesome thread, hope to check to this out everyday. My goals for September are.

1. Finish 6 days of Shawwal(today is day 1) I'll try my best to complete it before TOM arrives otherwise do it within the month
    2. Workout 5-6 days burning 600 cals each day. I will be doing a lot of Taebo because it is not hard on my knees and total body strenght work work 3-4 days. An d put in some leisure walking as it clears the mind.
    3. Goal is to lose 10lbs(very extreme goal) but you gotta go hard or go home.
    4. Eat loads of veggies and fruits, make up for Ramadan.
    5. More morning workouts.

I think 5 goals sound realisting. Bosanka, I'm going to try the dr. oz suggestions.
  • bosanka
    Options
    love seeing all of your goals..

have a suggestion to make it all more visible to all of us..
    how about we make it like a " calendar " for the whole month- and than instead of writing each day - seperate post- we just update/edit that one post to see how far we have come .. i know it sounds c omplicating so i'm going to show you what i mean.

Month of september : - Start weight :

Workout duration/type ( or kcls ) here - other goals you have listed for this month:

Sept 1. - 30ds- 30 min /400 kcls had xy veggies - total kcls consumed / 1500
    sept 2. treadmill 45 min /500 kcl veggies/skipped kcls consumed - 1450
    sept 3 . skipped/ break had : xyxy veggies xy.. kcls consumed

i think you understand now what i mean ? and this would be for the whole month of sept. this way we all can see what each one of us is doing /how much .. and we can have a better overview of how intense we are really working..etc.
    i wish there would be an option to make a " table " and make it look better organized.. but let's just pretend we have a table..
    you can monitor any goal you want for this month - as many as you want.. but let's try to make it regular - for the whole month.
  • bosanka
    Options
    Here i will start with it - and if you want you can just " copy /paste " my post and continue editing it as you go..

you can set a goal of a xy amount of miles you want to run/ walk .. you can set an amount of certain workout you want to do/ minutes or number of .. jump rope/ crunches/ 30 day shred.. you can set a goal of how many days can you be without xy ( food ) for me that would be - sugar.. any type of candy etc. for you it could be soda ? / fried stuff ? think about what you want to do to make this month more goal orientad - a certain type of " task that you need to focus on , that will keep you motivated and on top of the game. If you have too many goals, to many info to process, to many " shoulds and shouldn't/s " than you get lost, overwhelmed, you tap here and there and don't finalize any of them.. so let's do 2-3 smaller things at a time.. maybe one " workout type challange " and 1-2 food-wise things to concentrate on.. or whatever else you need to do. Maybe you need to focus on getting better organized ? having more regular sleep ? all this is important - so pick your goal.. make your " schedule " and keep it updated .. Let's have some fun this month :)

Month of september - challange and goals : workout 5x a week /burn minim. 700kcls.
    try to eat only orig. calories- not workout cals.

Start weight : 252

Week one :

Sept 1.
    Sept 2.
    Sept 3
    Sept 4.
    Sept 5.
    Sept 6.
    Sept 7.

Start weight : _________

Week two :

Sept 8.
    Sept 9.
    sept 10.
    sept 11.
    sept 12
    sept 13
    sept 14 .

Start weight ;________

Week three :

sept 15.
    sept 16
    sept 17
    sept 18
    sept 19
    sept 20
    sept 21

Start weight :__________
    week 4

sept 22
    sept 23
    sept 24
    sept 25
    sept 26
    sept 27
    sept 28
    sept 29
    sept 30

sept 30 : Final weigh in for month of sept : ___________
    total loss : ______________
  • bosanka
    Options
    Start weight : 252

Week one :

Sept 1.
    no workout - sick
    total kcls for the day ----1615 ---- 215 over limit
    Sept 2.
    Sept 3
    Sept 4.
    Sept 5.
    Sept 6.
    Sept 7.

Start weight : _________

i just realized you can't " edit " a post here ..
  • Shaz_74
    Shaz_74 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think you can edit for a limited time after posting.

Anyhoo,

Start Weight: 145 lbs
    Goals for Sept:
    - avoid sweets and soda
    - cut down on rice (my weakness)
    - exercise at least 4x/week ... possibly 2 strength & 2 cardio workouts
    - lose 7 lbs to get back to my pre-summer weight
  • thinthought
    thinthought Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    one of the other forums i am on checks in every monday. we weigh-in on monday's state whether we met or missed our goals for the week, and then our goals for that week. Maybe a little less complicated? It means we keep track of our week and then on monday re-state the weeks goals and how we did or didn't meet them. It always includes a weigh-in.
    Thoughts?