ANJU WARRIORS (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    I am excited about this challenge. I have been doing MFP for 40 days and love it! I am the mother of 2 active boys. I want to get healthy for them and myself. I currently weigh 199 and want to be around 150. I'm up for the challenge. Currently, I walk, do TurboFire, play tennis and swim. I like to keep things fun and exciting so here I am! Sarah Emily

Hi Sarah Emily A beautiful name by the way! Were glad your here and up for the challenge. How are you liking Turbo Fire? I love Chalene Johnson.... she is so motivating and full of energy. a real spit fire!! Have you done Chalean Extreme? I'm planning on doing CE over the holiday months. I did the 1st Phase a while back and never finished the program.
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Has anyone done one of Gary's challenges before?

He is going to provide the daily exercise challenges how about the other weekly challenges?

If he does or doesnt we can still do our own mini weekly challenges.

I was thinking ......we could get back to basics the next 4 wks?

water challenge

fruits and vegs challenge

with in/ under calorie challenge

cut crappy carbs challenge

Any ideas are welcome :smile:
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Y'all-- I'm SO geared up for this challenge. I've never done a challenge with a daily component to it, and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm a little nervous -- not gonna lie. Jorden, you asked what I'm doing to prepare/get ready for the challenge. On Wednesday, I'm going to have my husband take my "before" pictures, I'll take my starting measurements and starting weight. I'm getting my personal goals in order, and also starting the planning process. I'm going to my parents' house for a week -- they're not healthy eaters... so I'm trying to get a plan of attack in order before I go. If I plan ahead of time, I won't be as likely to blow it!

I know we'll be chatting on this thread as a team during the challenge, but is there anything we need to be doing on the big challenge board?
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    AWESOME job preparing Shannon!! Have you heard the saying: "fail to plan... plan to fail" ? Its so true!!!!

Is there a big challenge board I'm missing? Or do you mean the Goggle docs?

I set us up with a Goggle account. anjuwarriors@gmail.com.

I'll send the password so you can help me be on the outlook for them from Gary.

He was going to e-mail them out by Monday.
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    FYI on the challenges..... from last wk.

What's up with the 1000 person September Challenge Fri 08/19/11 08:17 AM

Well I'm glad you asked! Here is a break down that I hope will provide a better picture of what we do in the team challenge that currently has over 600 people enrolled! Hey can that many people really be wrong?

The challenge is based upon two factors. A daily challenge and a weekly team challenge. Each team member completes the exercise(s) for that day they send a quick msg to their team captain stating I did the challenge(s) for today. We have 6 a week with one day of rest. Challenges always have a modification or an alternative for folks with bad knees, arms etc....Each week I design the exercises to increase in intensity. (e.g. Week 1 day 1 walk 1 mile, and do 50 jumping jacks, Week 4 day 1, 2 sets of globe jumps, walk 2 extra miles, 2 sets of 21's) I attempt to build cardio and strength within the same week so that we are building both parts of our systems. The strength training uses our body weight as well as physical weights. This can be used with bottles of water, cans of Tomato Juice or cans of soup. So nothing is required to purchase in advance.

Weekly team challenges revolve around a specific goal. This week, week 3 I challenged the teams as a whole to complete 4000 ab crunches. Currently there are 20 to a team. So this is 200 crunches over 6 days. Very doable. If everyone on the team completes this challenge and they meet the 4000 crunches then the team earns an additional bonus points.

Each team member get points for the daily and the weekly challenge. Bonus points are awarded if the whole team combined does each activity for the week. We also award points for % of weight loss. 2.8% as a team would equal 3 points for that team.

We have a theme for each week that is our motivating force. This week is UNLEASH THE BEAST WITHIN! I believe that inside of each person in a better version of themselves. Its screaming clawing trying to get out, but the outside us will not allow that. I challenged each person to unleash the beast within themselves and to push their bodies. I'm of the firm belief that YOU ARE MUCH STRONGER THAN YOUR BODY WILL ALLOW YOU TO BELIEVE!

I hope this answers all questions!

See you in September, WHEN WE GO TRIBAL!

Gary
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Good Morning clan:smile:

Thought I'd post one of my favorite quotes:

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar." ~ Helen Keller

I'm ready to soar in September!
  • rockyj44
    Options
    Good Morning!!
    Ready for the Challenge and READY TO SOAR!!!!
    Linda B
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    I'm here!!! My family left yesterday *tear* so now I'm fully committed! Just tell me what I need to do when the challenges start and I'll do my best!!!!
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    What day will we receive weekly challenge info? Wednesdays??
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Hi ladies

Glad to see you Linda! :smile:

desinty ooooo ....:cry: I know your going to rock it out... as usual!

meredith Been out of town all day..... hopefully we have the info?

I'll post ASAP.
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Gary has our information I checked both of our external emails... nothing new, yet.

This was from the news feed Gary posted....

"See ya all later tonight! Watch for the new updates on the week 1 challenges! Remember I need to know you have a team. Some of you still have created teams but haven't alerted me yet. Please do so! have a great night!
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Everyone needs to post their starting weight ( SW) as of Thursday Sept Ist... you can weigh - in Wednesday night if you would like. Along with your SW how much would you like to lose by challenges end.... your goal weight (GW) ?

I am taking my measurements Wednesday, posting them with my SW and GW, Thursday.

neck
    arms
    bust
    under bust
    belly button
    hips
    saddle bags
    thighs
    calves
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    For our team to be successful - All members should post on a regular basis, ~everyday~ would be helpful to show your commitment to yourself and our team. I do understand it might not be possible somedays.

For our team to be successful - Full participation for all challenges is a must, just a reminder please stay at your fitness level no injuries please!!!

For our team to be successful - Everyone must drink at least 64 oz of water daily and stay with-in their calorie limit, with in reason. In my opinion.. 1200 cals does not work and is not enough for your body to function, properly.

For example 80 oz a day works for me and I'm not going over 250- 300 of my Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) calories.

Please bare with me I am new at this! Any ideas... thoughts or what ever you may like to add please feel free, we are in this together. If you see me slacking... just give me a kick. :smile: I'm going to do the same to you: smile:

I'm looking to see stronger, more confident, leaner warriors at the end of the 30 days.

WE ARE..... ANJU WARRIORS!! WE ARE..... ANJU WARRIORS!! WE ARE..... ANJU WARRIORS!!
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Woo..hoo here are the BASICS!

THESE ARE THE BASIC EXERCISES for Week 1. more youtube videos will be posted tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE

WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES

This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run.
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 50 Crunches + 50 Toe Touches
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDNLfNKBYA&playnext=1&list=PL41F287FEDA882B18 )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches + 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********

Week One Weekly Team Challenge

Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

Release your potential and it will take you further than you imagined.
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Here are the KA ADVANCED!

THESE ARE THE ADVANCED EXERCISES! I will post the youtube videos tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE

WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!

Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!

Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 5 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 7 - Rest! You deserve it!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week One Weekly Team Challenge

Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

Release your potential and it will take you further than you imagined.
  • rockyj44
    Options
    SW 146
    GW 138
  • rockyj44
    Options
    just to clarify... we start on Monday?
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    WOW... had no idea the challenge was so involved! (it's my first one!)

And my question is also - what day do we start? Thursday?
  • tlrunyon
    tlrunyon Posts: 127
    Options
    I'm curious too....does the challenge start Thursday?
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    just to clarify... we start on Monday?

That is the ? of the moment!

Many others are asking the same.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/324248-tribal-captains-forum-closed?page=2

I'm sure we will have a answer by days end.