Toning....

Options
So I’m 12 pounds away from my goal weight, but I still have stomach and love handles. I feel like the 12 pounds won’t get rid of it, and after I lose the 12 pounds I don’t won’t to get any smaller other than those areas (backfat and stomach)Soooo is it time for me to start toning?? Can I tone without lifting heavy, I really don’t like lifting. I know that we can’t spot weight-loss to certain areas but geesh. Maybe I’ll just have to get it cut off?

Replies

• naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    It depends what you mean by "toning". I assume you mean reduce fat and build muscle which would mean lifting. You can do a lot with body weight exercises but it has to be challenging you or your body won't change.
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    The great thing about being new to lifting is that you'll make some pretty big gains in the first few months. Optimally you'd use one of the lifting programs in the thread @sardelsa linked above, but if you're new just about any resistance training will cause some very cool changes in your strength and physique. And you need to make sure to eat sufficient protein, 0.8-1.0 grams of protein per pound of body weight per day should be your goal.