Commit to October! Breast cancer survivor ... need to do this!

Options
Seapine1
Seapine1 Posts: 4 Member
I have got to get this going! 62 and breast cancer survivor. So much contributes to this gain. Focusing on oct for 8 lbs off. Wish me luck!

Replies

• rubipaz75
    rubipaz75 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

I am starting in October (today) my goal is to lose 40 pounds.

Wish me luck!
  • tifano
    tifano Posts: 155 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Seapine1 wrote: »
    I have got to get this going! 62 and breast cancer survivor. So much contributes to this gain. Focusing on oct for 8 lbs off. Wish me luck!

I'm a breast cancer survivor. I've been in remission for almost 4 years (January 11, 2016 is my remission date). I started remission at 250 pounds. In 2016 I started my weight loss journey by means of eating a healthy balanced diet. By the end of 2016 only lost 25 pounds, still in a lot of pain from the estrogen blocker, awful chemo brain/brain fog and miserable. I thought if this is what surviving cancer is I don't want it. I felt better while going through chemo.

I started KETO January 2017 and it's been the best thing I could have ever done for myself. Within a week my joint pain was gone, chemo brain GONE, I felt amazing and weight came off quickly. My oncologist is 100% on board with KETO too due to the fact it's an anti-inflammatory way of eating and cancer thrives and survives in sugar and inflammation.

I've weighed as little as 169 however over the last year I've gained back 15 pounds but I'm addressing hormone issues. My goal is to get to 145-150 so I can be out of the medically obese category. I'm only 5' 3" tall.

We've got this sister!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    You can do it, lovely people!

Good to see you using the Community!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I too am a breast cancer survivor...5 years now. I'm still having problems with my white cell count which is zapping my energy!

Good luck...great to others in the same boat!