Feeling embarrassed!

13»

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Yep, been there, done that. Not while cycling... I'm a walker. And it never fails no matter what state I've lived in or what city, when ever I first start walking to lose weight...d-bags always laugh or hollar out the car windows.

I just take pleasure in knowing that I can lose my weight and get fit, and someday they'll be older, after marriage and kids and struggle with weight... And I hope some jerk yells out the window at them!
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Don't let them take away your power.....they have nothing on you. It's like playground bullying at the adult level.
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    I have a little over 130 lbs. to lose. I researched gyms and health clubs knowing that just doing the research doesn't get me any closer to my goal. After 2 months of procrastinating, I joined a health club. I'm lucky, due to my age, it's covered by medicare so my cost is only what I invest in myself. I am determined to do this and I can't worry about what anybody else thinks. I really respect you; it takes more than just a little courage to put hesitation aside and push forward. While the bullys are riding around in a car, you're taking control of your health; who do you think is better off? I wish you well. You have already achieved success, keep on riding!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I remember a young guy that was bullied and he said that is ok, one day I will be a doctor and leave them in the dust and he did! Yep, just keep on and you will show them one day, you will look great, who cares what they think!
  • kimkrat2008
    kimkrat2008 Posts: 3 Member
    Look at that beautiful baby of yours and know that you are doing it for her (and yourself, of course) and don't worry what others say.
  • jalapenos6000
    jalapenos6000 Posts: 13 Member
    edited October 2019
    Kudos
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    You will always get a $$ holes like that, the way I see it, you will get fitter and better at your cycling, you are keeping yourself safe for your family with the helmet, etc. They however will still be a $$ holes. At least you're doing something about getting yourself fitter!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    you are doing great things. keep it up. keep working on being a better you. that itself will be a great reward for you and your family
    they will still be turds
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,257 Member
    Rejoice and smile! They aren't laughing at you - they are loudly proclaiming at anyone else trying unsuccessfully to forget their own failure.

Use it on the next ride and prove them wrong. One of the strongest motivators in my life was having people telling me I couldn't do things. It gave me that push I needed to prove them wrong.

...and I hated that helmet at first, but it has saved my skull on more than one occassion.